Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNP Heuristic planning

former_member406212
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I need help/information on following scenario as to how standard SNP heuristic planning happens.

One SFG is input for 4 different FG’s.

FG's demand from spoke goes to hub. hub in turn generates SFG demand to vendor.

Vendor supplies the SFG to plant, plant converts it into FG & sends to ware house.

Finally warehouse supplies FG to hub which in turn supplies to spokes.
my  

Now my question is;

1.    In this case it’s only product master is required and no need to have any other master data like T lanes/PPM’s etc., I’m I right?

2.    Secondly how is the link in system that identifies what is source & what is destination if lanes are not required for heuristics?

3.    How system generates SFG requirements based on FG demand/BOM explosion?.

4.    How demand propagation from spoke>>hub>>vendor happens for SFG with BOM explosion?

Please help with your valuable inputs in understanding this logic/system settings.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Shaiz.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shaiz,

I will try to explain you how should to be builded the SNP flow.

In SNP you can create the demand at DC or Plant level. So, the Hub = DC in SNP.

Then the demand through the transportation lane arrive at Plant. Here at plant level the heuristic will check the stock.

We suppose that you don't have stock. The heuristic will explode the BOM to create the needs for components that are provided by Vendor. The Vendor have to be in APO with tr.lanes created.

The component arrive at plant and you produce the finish good. The finish good is transferred in the plant storage location and then from here you can create a stock transfer to DC (Hub). You have to create tr.lanes between plant & DC.

Thanks.

Regards, Marius 

former_member406212
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Marius,

Thanks & appreciate your quick response.

Does that mean T lanes are must/required for heuristic planning engine?

However I want to understand following point in your reply.....

The heuristic will explode the BOM to create the needs for components that are provided by Vendor.

How BoM explosion happens in APO as BoM will be ECC? Does heuristic planning engine considers PPM?

Please clarify.

Thanks again!

Shaiz.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shaiz,

Q1. Yes you need tr.lanes between locations.

Q2. The PPM or PPDS are considered by heuristics in APO.

You have to create in ECC the BOM, Routing, Prod.Version and transfer them as PPM or PPDS on APO side to can perform the BOM explosion and create dependent demand for components. 

Thanks.

Regards, Marius

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shaiz,

Regarding the BOM and the PPM/PDS, note that you don't necessary need to manage all the components in APO.

You can have an scenario like this:

Finished product A in APO (MRP Type X0)

--> Component X1 not in APO (MRP Type PD), provided by your vendor.

In this case, you will need to maintain the BOM, the routing and the production version in ECC. This will be transfer to APO and will create the PPM or PDS.

Now, the component will never be maintained in APO.

Kind Regardsm

Mariano

former_member406212
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Marius.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are welcome!

Please check this link too http://scn.sap.com/message/15729877#15729877

Regards, Marius

former_member406212
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Marius,

can  you tell me in above scenario which/where all the recipe/PV's needs to maintain?

Hub/DC, Spoke, W/H etc?

thanks,

Shaiz.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shaiz,

Once locations, materials, work centers, PPM or PPDS are  transferred in APO through the CIF models you have to create CIF models for transactional data too.

DC - create IM for: SO, STOCK, Transit stock, POs & P.Req and PIR (Plan.Ind.Req) if you have forecast to be transferred from ECC to APO 

Plant - create IM for: SO, STOCK, Transit stock, Pl.Orders, POs & P.Req and PIR if you have forecast to be transferred from ECC to APO. Here you create IM for PPM or PDS (based on your prod.version)

Vendor - same IM as for DC + Purch.Info.Record

Warehouse - if you need to have it represented as location you can represent it as DC or MRP Area. For this location you create the same IM as for DC (PIR is not necessary).

If you want to transfer the customers you maintain IM = DC.

To transfer of the results on ECC side you have to maintain publication in APO system. For this please check this link http://scn.sap.com/message/15729333#15729333

Hope that can help you!

Thanks.

Regards, Marius