Strg Typ 401

Putaway Strategy I

Capacity check - 4

Mixed storage: X

Addition to existing stock: X

Storage section check -active

Storage bin created for the storage section in the storage type 401

Maximum capacity maintained in Storage bin

In material master WM view 1- maintained capacity.

When system is correctly finding Bin for First material / Batch combination

But when I am trying to create TO for same material with different batch it does not find storage bin - even the storage bin capacity is still remaining

Also it is not accepting second material in same bin.

The only requirement to have startegy I is that same materials can be placed in same Bins (sorry but dont need fixed bin)

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member244427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hiren

Mixed storage is not allowed with strategy I. Please see the sap help doc in the link below. Read last line

Strategy I: Addition to Existing Stock - Warehouse Management System (WMS) - SAP Library

Can you try with

Putaway Strategy L

Capacity check - 4

Mixed storage: X

Addition to existing stock: X

Regards

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

I have already configured same, now when I went through details in F1, it says it the options are only for  SU mgt. Also after going through other examples in my my company, I can see that it works only for 1 batch & Material combination. Whenever there is new Batch of same material than - it proposes new storage bin in same storage type.

former_member244427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hiren,

You are correct I forgot to mention that in my earlier reply. Actually with out storage unit you can store only one quant in a Bin. So it can add stock to the same quant if we use addition to existing sock feature. If the material batch combination changes it cannot use the same quant, so it wont be able to add the stock to existing quant. If a new quant is to be stored in the same BIN it has to be storage unit managed. To in nutshell multi material multi batch your scenario can be achieved with storage unit managed storage type.

For storage unit setup you can refer below link.

Storage Unit Management - Warehouse Management System (WMS) - SAP Library

If you find this useful please close the tread.

Regards

Abhishek

Answers (0)