Regards,

Vishnu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu,

Some information about the this is as follows

Bidders are those who submit responses for RFX and bid for reverse auctions. If the bidder's RFX response or bid is considered to be the best and accepted then a supplier relationship is established with the bidder. The person who would be placing bids on behalf of the organization is known as the contact person.So contact person is the person who is associated with the bidder and who can actually login to the portal search for the RFX and submit the bid.

Portal Provider is a company which hosts the portal for the company. If the company is hosting their own portal site then there is no need to create this type of business partner. Instead during the RFX creation process add a normal bidder who is there in the system.

Regards

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Pramod...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

I understand the concept of bidder and contact person..

But I still have doubts

If a  bidder is created from supplier directory than is it necessary to create contact person?

or If a contact person is created in portal, Will it be necessary to create bidder to participate in bid/auction?

Sorry I am new to the module..

Regards,

Vishnu

former_member219695
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Vishnu,

Yes it is necessary to create contact person to participate in the bidding process as contact person will get the user ID/PW to login to portal to respond to a Rfx/Bid.

Also if a contact person is created in portal,then also it is necessary to create bidder because contact person is responsible to participant in bidding for particular bidder.

Thanks

Shuvrajyoti

Answers (0)