cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Personas 2.0 (Tab caching)

0 Kudos

Hello SP guru's

When tabs are ticked for caching I get a green icon after saving. As far as I understood and known until now, this never was a problem. But now I get the first tabs with the green icon and then for the rest red icons. ( specially when classification is used like the material master.) For this reason it's not possible to take field for another tab an bring them to the mainscreen for example.

Am I missing something or what do I wrong.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Carifaine
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kees,

i created a new material to get to the point you are at and got the following:

As soon as i activate caching for more than ~4 tabs, it comes to the point that i can't switch to basic data 2 cause it's not cached just like in your case. When i e.g. cache only basic data 1 and 2 i can do everything i want, extract fields, switch between tabs and i'm still able to see all the data.

Seems a bit strange for me cause i didn't have problems in other transactions with a similar amount of tabs, so it shouldn't be a buffer limitation...

Found a hint here that it might be some missing overwrite entries:

Now coming to tab caching, MM* transactions requires some overwrite entries and most likely they are not present in your system. Implement SAP Note 1869640 for that.

Can you check if you executed the manual steps mentioned in this note?

Got even more strange functions like not being able to change existing materials cause i'm automatically in the classification data no matter what sights i choose... got to investigate that.. Sorry i don't have a solution right now

0 Kudos

I will check this, thanks. Also nice to hear from you that you also have the same problems as I have with classification. I will keep you informed. 🙂

Carifaine
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kees,

when you activate caching you can choose which tabs are to be cached. I guess you already checked that all the tabs you need to work with are checked? And did you make sure to deselect those you don't need to keep the amount of data as small as possible?
Can you tell the exact screen these issues show up in? I'd like to check on our system. I can just think of either you missed a sap note (though i'm not aware of adjustments in caching recently) or it's some kind of buffer "overflow" where screen personas doesn't cache all tabs due to high amount of data. Didn't have a smiliar issue yet.

Kind regards,

Christoph

0 Kudos

Hello Christoph,

For example the material master. when editing I cached ALL the tabs for the material master, like basic data, 1 and 2, classification, sales, puchasing, MRP, Workscheduling, lant-storage, quality, accounting, costing and al thoos not mentioned here.  When I cached them it's possible to cach all the tabels and when I save afterwards I have no problems. When going back to edit mode at the first tab I'm able to collect the fields needed and store them, temporaly in the right of the screen. Then save and tick on basic data 2 and choose edit. Now I get the red Icon and it also is that the field that I have replaced form basic data 1 are not visible anymore. It's the same problem when MRP1 is selected.

But when I do this with eg. CV01N I can cach as well and than I having a green Icon during the whole activity. Also when I select field from different tabs, These field are visible during the editing of the other tabs.

CV01N result

MM01 Result when editing basic data 1.

Now I have saved The changes from basic data and and switched to basic data 2 (also first get the classification and that anoying.)

As you can see The icons turns to red and the fields from Basic data 1 are no longer visible on the edit screen. 😞

Hope you can help.