Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect SAP Design Studio with HANA Cloud Platform

arijit_das
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have opened a trial account in HANA Cloud Platform. Created a calculation view. Now, I want to build a dashboard on top of that. But, I am unable to connect to HANA Cloud Platform. Is it possible ? If yes, how ? The standard HANA server connectivity option requires a system DSN creation with server details. But what in case of HCP ?

Thanks,

Arijit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Arjun_KT
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Arjith ,

Not sure whether this will help you for the dashboard DSN creation in BO Server.

In my case for locally connecting to Design Studio with a calculation view from  HCP I created a ODBC connection and DSN,  given following details in the Server Port

and given username/password of HCP while the tunnel is open.

Just give a try .

Note: Need to give new password every time you creates the tunnel to HCP.

Regards

Arjun KT

arijit_das
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Arjun, I followed your suggestion and successfully created a dashboard. Now I am struggling to export the same in any web-portal. Any idea if it can be hosted in HCP ?

arijit_das
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What I understood from various blogs in SCN, we need to import HCOBIAAS.tgz delivery unit in the HANA instance to publish DS Dashboards in HANA platform. Now, when I tried to do the same in the hana trial instance, I got insufficient privilege error. I guess, in trial landscape we are not allowed to import delivery units, so I give up here .

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are other way to connect directly from DS to HCP, by using the servername and port number?

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Arjun KT this worked

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure this is possible

Looking at existing discussions, Lumira / HCP connections appear to be through JDBC connections

I don't think Design Studio uses those

I'm curious - what is your use case for using Design Studio with HCP?

arijit_das
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Tammy. I was exploring if it is possible to create DS dashboard on HCP and host it there. The DS login screen shows:

This gives a clue that it might be possible. However, I have no idea what to specify in XSEngine URL.