cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What transactions can be used to receive a pallet of documents for retention purposes that is not an inventory item?

Former Member
0 Kudos

What transactions can be used to receive a pallet of documents for retention purposes that is not an inventory item?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you please elaborate your requirement in details?

You write "receive" and you write "not an inventory item" - these do not go much along.

EWM knows items, which are not Putaway relevant, but it is always kept on a stock.

Thank you,

Petr

Former Member
0 Kudos

Petr,

Thank you for the question, I think it is easier to explain my current process which I hope you can translate into SAP EWM processes.

I currently have a SKU description of THIRD PARTY STORAGE, this SKU is always a quantity of 1 for stock check purposes. This SKU can be many things but not inventory (in the sense of not a component or finished good). The pallet can be documents for retention, samples for QC, trial parts etc. This pallet can be received onto the WMS without a Purchase Order number, the SKU is set up to be able to be received 999999 times before a re-set is necessary. The SKU has a putaway algorythm for the high bay warehouse and is sub-zoned into an aisle.

I hope this clarifies what I'm asking for in SAP.

Regards

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I understand correctly your requirement, the process is mostly manual.

As you write the SKU can be many things, I understand you have one virtual product number for multiple non-stock items.

If my understanding is correct, I would suggest to pack the item in the inbound delivery order into a handling unit with a text description to give some identification to the stock.

/SCWM/PRDI - Inbound Delivery - Follow On Functions - Pack

Then in /SCWM/TODLV_I you can create putaway task manually (do not save it right away). System will propose you a destination bin based on the putaway control indicator and you can change it to your wish.

For other parameters you can keep the standard settings.

Petr