cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does the report RSMEMORY works ?

0 Kudos

Hi SAPtechies,

In one of our ECC server , we face memory issues frequently , and we will try to adjust the memory temporarily through the report RSMEMORY .

I used to monitor the memory consumption through ST02, and I start realizing that memory configured to extendted memory nor heap memory does not

change with rsmemory report , so how does this works and where it really changes the memory related to SAP .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Kernel is 7.00 pl 201.

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I strongly recommends you to upgrade current kernel by following

& re share the results after that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar,

If you've changed values in either Quota Dailog or Quota batch/upate/spool section of RSMEMORY report...you can check the value in ST02-->Double click on SAP memory table and click on Quotas (F9). Here you'll find the change made.

You can also check the total values by selecting Goto --> EM/HM areas after running the report RSMEMORY. The first two columns will give you the total EM and Heap total.

RZ10 and RZ11 will not show the change made through RSMEMORY.

Regards,

Prithviraj

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

0 Kudos

Values of heap memory in ST02 main screen will change according to the maximum memory used and not immediately after changing the heap area_non_dia value in RSMEMORY. We can see the change in values of extended or heap memories  if we double click on the memory area and see the detail analysis page . Now I can confirm RSMEMORY really works.

0 Kudos

Checked my ST02 now, surprised to see that Heap area values got updated as specified in the rsmemory report. But when I try changing again , it doesn't reflect why is that ?

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How are you trying to change it ?

0 Kudos

I try it to change the value for Heap under Quota batch/upate/spool ,

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But you mentioned that its changed earlier :

"Checked my ST02 now, surprised to see that Heap area values got updated as specified in the rsmemory report. But when I try changing again , it doesn't reflect why is that ?"

Can you please explain with screenshots.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shankar,

Changes you do from report RSMEMORY are temporary changes, this will not reflect in ST02.

Refer documentation of RSMEMORY for more details.

Regards,

Ashish

hariom_garg
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

you can set menory parameter using RSMEMORY report but once your system will reboot then then again you need to run this report.

0 Kudos

Yes I have done that , my ST02 still shows the value specified in instance profile.

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you share current kernel release of the system,if possible try to patch the kernel & check again.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Shanker,

The Memory utilization can be seen in ST02 and the memory parameters are at runtime not permanent and when ever the system is restarted the parameters are reset back to Originals set as in instance profile.

Regards,

Ram

0 Kudos

But I can't see the updated values in the STO2 screen after changing it in rsmemory

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar,

But I can't see the updated values in the STO2 screen after changing it in rsmemory

After changing the values have you clicked on copy icon in the same screen to see changes under ST02.

Good luck !!

0 Kudos

Thanks Ramakrishna & Sriram for your response in this, I have already gone through these pages and it tells us the basic info about RSMEMORY. But what I want to know is where i can see that memory has increased after the exection of this report , i.e i need some evidence.

Former Member
0 Kudos
Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar

Could you refer the SAP Note for Rsmemory

177226 - Documentation rsmemory

BR

SS