cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to backdate a quote configuration?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I am having a unique requirement wherein I should be able to backdate the configuration of a quote. E.g. I created a VC configuration with few characteristics on 01/01/2015. In Feb, 01/02/2015 , I changed the model and removed few char and char values and added new as my model went under changes.

Now when I create a quote it will show up new char and values in configuration. But I also need to have the ability to be able to select old char and values by changing some date (custom field) in order.

How can I achieve this? Your inputs are appreciated.

Regards,

Tushar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tushar Chaudhari,,

Can you please explain when you say you create VC model 01/01/2015 and then change model on 01/02/2015, do you want to say you are setting up this characterstic values on material master classification view as default? or changing object dependecncies attached to a BOM or configuration profile?

For object like BOM , if you are using ECM , based upon dates & time you can see and fetch information. for more details on what ECM & ECN can do , go through link below.

Engineering Change Management (LO-ECH) - SAP Library

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

Thanks for reply. When I say changing model, it means I may change some char values in classification or object dependencies as well.

E.g. I may discontinue engine speed char value 700 rpm and introduce 1000 rpm. And may even change some object dependencies related to it. For selection of some other char values E.g Coolant, engine speed may be a selection condition. Based on engine speed, I may change the coolant options.

So major concern is how to back date the model and use the old set of configuration profile, object dependencies, char values that was valid a month ago.

We are going to always create a new KB runtime version whenever we are making any changes. Is there any way I can set old KB runtime version for newly created quote?

Let me know if you need more info.

I appreciate your help.

Regards,

Tushar

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tushar Chaudhari,

I hope you have gone through SAP help link i atatched in my previous post.

If you are using ECM and you can go back simulate a configuration for a specific date in past or furture and the options setup using ECM works fine to provide you with whats valid on that specific date and time.

You can use CU50 to simulate it too.

based upon this, try to check if you can create back dated quotes, if your SD config permits you for same, if it works, ECM will take care of vlalidating configuration for dates.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

Thanks for reply.

Any idea which date in Sales order corresponds to the date you have mentioned in you screenshot?

It works for me in simulation screen but not in sales order as I don't know which date is referred in sales order which can be back dated.

Regards,

Tushar

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tushar Chaudhari,

CU50 is simulation transaction and and it help user to simulate an order configuration in
future or past date, I am not sure what is your business scenario and how the
configuration which is no more valid can help you create new quote?

How your pricing will work, it will be based upon old or new values etc there are many such question.

reply to which date field in sales order, Try with "first date"  field on sales order line item , once ypu change it to date is past you will get message like below. and you will be able to see values which were allowed in past.

Changing date/quantity may result in different BOM - Please configure

Message no. V1612

Diagnosis

Changing the date or the quantity in the sales document could influence the
result of the bill of material explosion in the configuration.

Procedure

Branch to the item configuration and check the bills of material.

Thanks

Ritesh

rob_edwards2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar,

From experience, it is the 'Material Availability Date' (Mat.Av.Dt) shown on the procurement tab that is the date used...

Note it is the first date shown, not any other dates for that line item. Is this case, it would be the config effective on the 2nd March.

The First Date is related to the Material Availability Date as per...

Don't know how much you can play with that date to change the config though.

Hope that helps.

Rob.