cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vertical alignment of cells in cross-tabs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I am new to Crystal Reports, and thanks to online resources I have found out how to format cross-tabs properly. The only thing that bothers me is that there seems to be no way to put space between the upper grid line of a cell and the text inside the cell. There does not seem to be a way to vertically align the text inside the cell, e.g. vertically center it. I have searched the web and found discussions on this matter stating that it is impossible to vertically align the content of a cell in a cross-tab in Crystal Reports. Is this true, or is there a solution? I am using the latest version of Crystal Reports for Visual Studio.

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Claus,

It is true that CR does not have the ability to vertically align text in a text object (a crosstab cell or a normal text object).

Please Vote for this Idea and hopefully we'll be lucky to have this implemented some time in the future.

No vertical text alignment functionality in Crystal Reports : View Idea

-Abhilash

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhilash,

Thank you very much for your answer!

Meanwhile I have discovered that it is possible to check "Show cell margins" in the cross-tab expert. This has the effect that the distance from the top gets slightly increased. For our purposes, this is sufficient.

Best regards

Claus

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The default is to 'Show Cell Margins'!

The only issue with this is that the cells appear too close to each other.

-Abhilash