cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TR TO Number Ranges getting reset automatically

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can someone please help me to understand why the number range of WM objects - TR, TO, PCN, etc is getting reset automatically. Meaning even when I have 10 Trs or TOs created, when I see the current number range in OMLW it shows zero (that is initial).

I am doing configuration in development system & while testing all of a sudden I start getting error messages when posting the material documents in IM.

Initially I was shocked but after than I understood this. But most strangest thing is it is happening again & again. I discussed this ABAP team, but they are not able to understand.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am certain they are not reset automatically.  This would be a very big issue and SAP had released a Hot Note. If you still think it is a SAP error and not caused by your own doing then contact SAP Support

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You very much Juergan,

I contacted SAP as- this appeared to be risk for Project Go-live, and below is the answer... However I was am not able to get the find the Object & Subobject for Warehouse numbers

Hello Hiren,

Are you resetting the number range buffers in SM56 after the imports?

You get to the buffers using transaction SM56. Chosse there in the
menu - goto - entries. Enter in the popup the client and the object
number - then <enter>. The system will then display you all current
buffers on all application servers.

In the menu under number range buffer you should reset all the buffers
if they also show ranges that are still below any existing
quants/transfer orders/transfer requirements/etc.

If you need any further help from me, just let me know.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

this does not really fit to the question that you have asked before, so you probably did not give us the same info that you gave to SAP, or you are talking at cross-purposes

Believe me whatever your case is it is already available as answer in many discussions in SCN.

There was no change in the number assignment for decades.

you either have system which is live for a long time and you just reached the end of a number range and hence the next number is just again the first number of this range.

Usually you get warning messages for a long long time before this happens. The threshold for this warning when the number approaches the end of number range is defined in the number range object.

Here you can as well find the setting for the buffers. By standard SAP buffers 10 numbers at a time.  Whenever you change a number range interval, SAP will continue to use the numbers from the buffer until they are all used, only then SAP will again fetch numbers from the range.

Or as advised by your mail from SAP support, you have to clear the buffers yourself  via SM56

If you reset or enter a new interval to a number range, then you you have to make sure that you have no existing numbers in your table which are within this interval.

For TR numbers look with SE16 into table LTBK what numbers you already have

for TOs check at table LTAK.

If the next number in the interval is already available in the table, then you will get a SQL error SAPSQL_ARRAY_INSERT_DUPREC along with an express message.

Now it is on you to do you checks. I am still certain that SAP does not reset a number range by itself.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Normally not happen in SAP System, one more time you can check...