cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADS: SOAP Runtime Exception: CSoapExceptionTransport :(100101)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Anyone can help us on these error message during ADS testing.

Message no. FPRUNX001

Diagnosis

An error occurred when Adobe Document Services (ADS) was launched.

System Response

Error message

Procedure

When troubleshooting, follow the steps described in SAP Note 944221.

First check the connection to ADS. You can use the program FP_PDF_TEST_00 to do this. From SAP NetWeaver Release 7.0, the program FP_CHECK_DESTINATION_SERVICE must also run successfully (both with and without the checkbox selected on the selection screen). If this program does not run successfully, there is a error in the configuration.

We try the note 944221 and also this link procedure on how to activate Adobe Document Services

http://scn.sap.com/community/netweaver-administrator/blog/2014/03/12/ads-installation-and-configurat...

The error message appear during our test the following via SA38

FP_TEST_00

Message no. FPRUNX001

Diagnosis

An error occurred when Adobe Document Services (ADS) was launched.

System Response

Error message

Procedure

When troubleshooting, follow the steps described in SAP Note 944221.

First check the connection to ADS. You can use the program FP_PDF_TEST_00 to do this. From SAP NetWeaver Release 7.0, the program FP_CHECK_DESTINATION_SERVICE must also run successfully (both with and without the checkbox selected on the selection screen). If this program does not run successfully, there is a error in the configuratio

Here's also the other error message during performing the program test

FP_PDF_TEST_00

SYSTEM ERROR: SOAP Framework error: SOAP Runtime Exception: CSoapExceptionTransport : HTTP receive failed with exception communicati

on_failure  (100.101).

Exception of class CX_FP_RUNTIME_INTERNAL

And also the other programs test

FP_CHECK_DESTINATION_SERVICE

FP_TEST_IA_01

Anyone can help us on this?

Appreciate your help.

Thank you in advance.

Erwin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am getting the same error on our instance after applying EHP7.  However my ADS RFC is passing the "Connection Test".

Ran across SAP Note  1871410:

This issue may happen to all releases higher than NW 710 SP-14.

Running any ADS render request, it will result in a SOAP Exception at ABAP side.

Resolution:  Upgrade your AS Java to latest version. See more  details on note 1639123.

Work Around: Deactivate "Status of Compressed Response” in the ADS RFC.

After following the “Work Around” guidance in the SAP Note, the ADS testing still resulted in the identical

SOAP Runtime Exception: CSoapExceptionTransport :(100101).

Our SAP TQM had advised us that we needed to upgrade our Portal to NW 7.30 as part of our EHP7 project.  We have note done this yet.

FP_CHECK_DESTINATION_SERVICE SMICM Trace:

I am still investigating.

Cheers,

Dan Mead

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Erwin,

The first step is to get a different response from the connection test in SM59. It would be normal to get "HTTP response 405: method not allowed" but not normal to get ICM_HTTP_CONNECTION_FAILED. This tells me that something is failing between your ABAP and ADS/Java systems at a fairly basic level.

Your ADS is installed on a separate Java instance, right? It's not dual-stack with your ABAP instance? I think this must be true, as you stated that you are running ADS on NW 7.4.

Did you activate the ADS Java Functional Unit? This is described at Performing Basic ADS Configuration in a Java Environment - Adobe Document Services for Form Processi.... My recommendation is to logon to your ADS system via http(s)://<adshost>:<port>/sld/fun as an administrator, select the Functional Unit Adobe Document Services, and click Enable manually. Yes, I know that looks like an SLD URL, and technically it is, but you should do this on your ADS system, not your SLD system (every Java instance has a "mini"-SLD incorporated).

Also, you only need ADSuser on your Java system; it's not required on the ABAP system (I think you are using a separate Java UME on the Java system, right?). And, you only need ADS_AGENT on the ABAP system; it doesn't have to exist on the Java system. I'm not sure whether using ADS_AGENT2 will be a problem or not; is there a reason you can't get the ADS_AGENT password?

As for Visual Administrator, you're right, it doesn't exist anymore in NW 7.4. All of the functions are now done through NetWeaver Administrator (NWA), which frankly is easier to use once you get the hang of it.

The basic steps for configuring ADS are all outlined at Adobe Document Services for Form Processing - SAP Library.

Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Matt,

Thank you for your information and guidance.

Your question are correct ADS installed as separate instance and not dual stack with our ABAP instance.

For activation via http://<adshost>:<port>/sld/fun/

currently i accidentally press the Enable Automatically instead of Enable Manually. Then Status of Adobes Document Services has running and i'm tried to wait but it seems no running process for itself so I have to disabled again and click the Enable Manually. After that the status of Adobe Document Services has changed it to enable, no any steps perform after clicking the enable manually.

Here's screenshot s of Adobe Document Services vis sld/fun

For ADSuser This is noted if this is only for Java instance. For ADS_AGENT2 yes, you're right since we did not know the password of ADS_AGENT so we have to copy the ADS_AGENT user to ADS_AGENT2, and for UME yes, i am using the separate UME for Java system only.

I will review the Adobe Document Services for Form Processing - SAP Library. to check on what i'm missed for the configurations.

Thank you very much

Regards,

Erwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erwin,

"When i tried to connection test i got the ICM_HTTP_CONNECTION FAILED" . First of all, this ADS RFC must work...

Here my recommendations:

1-Could you please delete the roles SAP_BC*ICF, SAP_BC*COMM... from the users and try?

Let only ADSCALLERS remain.

2-Be sure that there is not any network.etc blockage from ABAP to JAVA. For example can you ping your java server? Or can you telnet java service port?

Regards,

Serhat

Former Member
0 Kudos

And also could you please share your RFC screenshot path per note 944221 - Error analysis for problems in form processing :

"Contact your system administrator and ask them to check or correct the details for target device, service number and path prefix in the RFC connection (transaction SM59)."

Regards,

Serhat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shahid,  Serhat,

Thank you for response of my inquiries.

Here's the snapshot for ADSUSER and ADS_AGENT2.

ads_agent2 user we copy the user from ads_agent since we did not know the user password.

For the Java users

and also for the ADS RFC connection

When i tried to connection test i got the ICM_HTTP_CONNECTION FAILED

Then try to test the ADS using the following program: FP_TEST_00

FP_PDF_TEST_00

FP_CHECK_DESTINATION_SERVICE

FP_TEST_IA_01

Is there's anything wrong or i missed for the configuration? our systems are NetWeaver 7.4

for nwa there's no Visual Admin, i can't find the Adobe Document Services for nwa.

please help for my settings.

Appreciate your help and thank you in advance.

Regards,

Erwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Erwin,

I've shared a document about this configuration a couple of months ago: .

Best regards,

Serhat

former_member185326
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Erwin,

Can you cross-check if ADSUSER and ADS_AGENT have appropriate security roles in corresponding ABAP & Java systems? Primarily, check if the security roles are 'generated' and in 'green' , when viewed through PFCG.

Also, can you confirm that all the configuration steps have been successfully implemented following the config guide?

Please share result.

Regards,

Shahid Ahmed