cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to check and transport custom CCMS alerts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

As part of SAP PI migration project, need to identify and transport custom CCMS alerts from old PI landscape to new PI landscape.

If I am correct, all CCMS alerts can be found in RZ20 t-code. There are many entries present in this page.

Can someone help me where exactly i need to check for custom CCMS alerts and also tell me if there is a way to trasnsport these alerts to another PI system

Thanks,

Moorthy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

RaghuVamseedhar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Naresh,

You have mentioned, you are performing PI migration (upgrade). In that case, my suggestion is not to transport alerts from old system to new system. Please create new alerts in upgrade system (Dev, and then moved this new alerts from Dev - QA - PRD).

Reason:

Basic Terms and Concepts of alerts- SAP Library

New alerting framework is different from old one.

In releases up to SAP NetWeaver 7.3, SAP provided the Alert Framework mechanism. With enhancement package 1 for SAP NetWeaver 7.3 and newer releases, SAP provides additionally a new component-based message alerting mechanism described here. During the installation of SAP NetWeaver release that supports both alerting mechanisms, or during an upgrade to such a release, you should choose which of these alerting mechanisms you want to use in your system.

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

If you want to transport alerts you do like below in ALRTCATDEF transaction.

Regards,

Praveen.