cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about certification and IDES

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

i know it sounds simple , but i couldn't find any reliable info here, i really searched a lot using scn, google or even duckduckgo

my questions are :

can i use the IDES system to work on exercises of SAP TSCM50 & 52 ? or different courses for that matter ?

if the answer is yes, why i cant find all the materials,vendors and other related data on my IDES 6.0 , for example T-M510A T-K510A !

if the answer is no, can you guide me please how to do those exercises, i remember SAP instructor telling us that those exercises should work on IDES 

Note: two years ago i attended the official training in SAP academy,  also  i have the hard copy of SAP courses  

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

See this Wiki in SCN. IDES - Wiki - SCN Wiki

It clearly says:

The IDES systems do not contain training data that are used in the SAP training courses.

Customer training etc. based on the IDES systems are not supported.  

You can do all the exercises by setting the data up to your needs

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you ,

that is a bummer, i don't understand how SAP except me to go through those exercises ! 

recreating those data on IDES can be a huge energy waster

is there any workaround for this?! i mean i bet there are hundreds like me who decided to postponed  the exam after the official training ! in my case i was assigned to brand new project by my company.

just wondering how other people do this ?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

At least in Germany no trainer ever said we could find the exercises in IDES, no false hope was created.

And I would never call it an energy waster, contrary, if you use any of the data and go solve the issues that come up either by creating additional master data or by creating customizing entries  then this will make your knowledge much stronger than it ever was directly after the training.

So it can be considered as much better ground to pass the certification than just repeating some given exercises without much thinking.

As you already did a project you should have made some experience which helps you as well.

I usually made the experience when coming back from a training that most things were different in our system, this started already with the release that was used in training  compared to ours.

Not to speak about the master data.

If I would have focused on the ABAP exercises then only Lufthansa could have be considered as a future employer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

she "the instructor"  was bluffing on lots of things , i should v` suspected her suggestion since she was not very good anyhow.

i guess i have no choice but to follow your thoughtful suggestion. or i may end up in fly-emirates

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I never completed the exercises, where you have class or 6 or more people, you cannot sit and configuring as only one person can do at any point of time.

I would suggest you just forget doing exercises at this point of time, otherwise, it would be a never unending exercise.

Rather you should concentrate on studying the curriculum books religiously, not less than 5 times.

Hope the following blog could be handy for your certification.

Kind Regards,

Ravi

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

"If I would have focused on the ABAP exercises then only Lufthansa could have be considered as a future employer."

Ah, that is a good one!!!

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

"I never completed the exercises, where you have class or 6 or more people, you cannot sit and configuring as only one person can do at any point of time."

sorry, where did you visit classes? In our classes we usually switch of the enqueue (with very few exceptions), and then participants can access the configuration in parallel.

Brgds

Juergen

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

I have attended at Genovate and Siemens (Education Partners) in India.

What does it means by 'we usually switch of the enqueue'?

I understand a configuration table can be changeable by one person at a time.

How all the participants can change the same configuration screen at a time?

Please let us know if there is a way.

Kind Regards,

Ravi

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

we have a report to switch of the enqueue for a client (and the enqueue process is responsible for table locking). By that a configuration table can be accessed by several persons at the same time. Not really sure how it works - I can not speak ABAP...

This is a not a report a customer can use in any of his systems. But I do not know how it works with Education Partners. If they run the same classes as SAP does and use our systems - they should be able to use the same report.

There are few classes where the report is not used. Admin courses, where each participant has a own system. SCM / APO classes, due to issues with the live cache.

Sometimes it can have side effects: of course when two participants access the same table and save at the same time - not really sure what happens. I had it in the past 14 years very, very, very rarely that a participants claims that he entered the entry in customizing and that it is not there anymore - then I usually claimed it on that .

Brgds

Juergen

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Juergen.

Thanks for knowing, if they have similar kind of set up at Education Partners, it would save time of the participants, they could complete the exercises without having any locking problem. Otherwise, everybody has to wait, until one person has come out of that particular configuration screen.

Kind Regards,

Ravi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ela`a,

For your first question, Yes you can work on IDES system for the exercises of SAP TSCM50 and 52.

If you have the hard copy of the SAP courses, will you please check the material and vendors given in the IDES are T-M510A T-K510A or T-M510A## T-K510A## .

I guess it should be T-M510A## where ## refers the group code given to you during your official training. If you have your own IDES installed now, you can use any number replacing ## and try to do your exercise.

Hope this helps you.

Thanks,

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you,

yes you are right, i should've added the hashtags 

but did you ever try your suggestion?  because i doesn't work even if i use any group.
i think the data on IDES are more complicated, i cant  just randomly pick similar names.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That was the way I have practiced when I did my training and even it is quite a long back.

Please refer above reply by Jurgen and the wiki link.

By the way you can find out the similar existing material , vendors in your current IDES or you can create one same as the course material and start doing the exercise. Yes you may face some issue but that will help you learn more when you try to resolve and find the cause for that issue.

Thanks,

Ramesh