Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Permit functionality in SAP PM !

YBS
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are considering using permit functionality in SAP PM,

I am new to this area. I would like to know how this fucntionality can be used in SAP and what are the detaile steps please.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yassine,

There are multiple threads available in SCN and also online on Permit Management in SAP PM. In future please do google, so this help you to identify it.

Below doc links explains clearly

http://www.wcm-it.com/cms/upload/downloads/en_prozesse_schutz/0902_Working_With_WPs_EN.pdf

https://www.google.ae/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CDUQFjAD&url=http...

Refer below doc by Maheswaran

Regards

Terence

YBS
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Maria, but unfortunately it is not clear 😕

Former Member
0 Kudos

H Yassine,

Permit can be used in maintenance order and can be assigned to MO based
on maintenance order  type/planned cost etc.

you have to maintain the permit category (please follow the path)

SPRO -->
Plant Maintenance and Customer
Service --> Basic Settings --> Permits --> Define Permit Categories.

Define Permit category  like work approval, cost permit, safety
permit  etc.

Maintain Permit group as "PM" and  permit class  as
"PERMIT"

Ensure that you maintain permit  Type as "49"

Transaction IPMD - create permit name and assign permit category ,
double click on the permit created, this will take you to Maintain permit
details ---->click classification and in the general tab maintain the values that need to be assigned to maintenance order types.

Maintain authorization and assign the permit object to the role

Hope this helps you. Award points if you find this step useful

Regards

Vidhyadharan

YBS
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes thank you very much I have to test what you told me, but I have a question how I can attach an Excel file with a permit?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you explain in detail, why you want to attach a excel file with a permit

Regards

Vidhyadharan

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sine,

As per standard scenario you will not be able do attachments in permits.

You need to go for custom functionality, if you feel when the permit is added to a work order, an excel sheet should be populated with information or to provide information.

Other options to attach permits for a equipment / work Order

1. Also you can use WCM for attachments and issue permits. refer below thread, meanwhile you can also search

2. Document Management, where you can attach documents to Equipments / Task list, which can be transferred to work order on creation.

Regards

Terence

YBS
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Maria,

Ok , but please can you explain to me step by step how i can use WCM ?

Regards,

YBS
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have different types of work permits 10 (permit fire, permit welding ....), and for each permit i must complete an excel file before launching a work order, so please how I can make it possible to identify and attach to each permit an excel file ?

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sine,

Please go through below link, this is an Add On.

Work Clearance Management (PM-WCM) - Plant Maintenance (PM) - SAP Library

Refer below for the process steps and how it was used in SAP PM

Maintenance Order Processing with Work Clearance Management - Plant Maintenance (PM) - SAP Library

Regards

Terence

YBS
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Maria,

I saw the two sites, but it's just definitions :S,

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create 10 types of work permit eg. Permit_fire_1, and permit category as S for safety and W for welding respectively. Once you have created the order, go to change mode , click on icon "services for object" ---Create---Create attachment. You can attach to technical objects (eg. equipment and functional location and  excel sheets here. In permit I think you cannot attach document or excel sheet to permit. Also very difficult even if you for customization.

Good luck

Regards

Vidhyadharan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can assign characteristics to permits, system will check the condition defined by characteristics automatically. You can also define work order can't be released if permits are not issued, something like that. Meanwhile, it's possible to set authorization object to define certain user to issue the permits.

Please look at this for detials

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

one way you can attach your excel safety sheets. There is tab  for service of objects where you can attach your docs from desktop. from there you can attach and check documents. But it is not linked to teh content server. If needs and solve your purpose in standard way. BUt not put much load in sap server. One or two excels are fine.

Regards

kiran.

S0022314014
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
YBS
Participant
0 Kudos

I find nothing on this link, Thank you Savas !