cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue single invoice against multiple delivery notes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to ask you how it is possible to create single invoice against multiple delivery notes or against one delivery note that was created with reference to more then just one sales order.

It seems like in our system it is not possible to issue just one invoice for more sales orders even there is one delivery note. It is always splitted for some unknown reason. I understand that there are some unnecessary conditions that have to be equal in sales orders/delivery notes for which I would like to issue single invoice - like sold-to-party, ship-to-party, incoterms, payment condition, delivery date, good issue  - even these data are identical I am not able to issue single invoice, not via VF04, collective billing document and not via VF01 manually (enter required delivery notes...).

It seems like this option in our system doesn´t work. Could you please advise what could be the reason and solution to this problem.

Thank you

BR,

Paulina

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi

Check this thread http://scn.sap.com/thread/3691790

Billing splits are always for the same reason. The system processes each document or each item due for billing and as it does it moves the item data (VBRP) to the billing header (VBRK) if any difference exists in the data a billing split will occur. (There is only one header field so you can't have 2 values) The technique most customer's use to avoid unwanted splits it to use an item data transfer routine to either, Set a common field value or clear the problematic field value to avoid the split.
This would be your solution whether you use VF01 or VF04.

Hope this helps you further 
Kind regards
Brian 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Brian,

thank you for your explanation.

Most probably I don´t have needed knowledge and therefore I don´t quite understand it.

I did some testing now in SAP, and was able to get following splitting analyse from VF01 (of course there can be different results, it depends on case):

assignment Number is sales order No. - it is of course always unique, it can´t be never the same...

number of foreign trade data - I am not sure what is this

I don´t understand what exactly it does mean "..to use an item data transfer routine to either, set a common field value or clear the problematic field value to avoid the split..." and from recommended thread I don´t know what is it LV60AA21....

If that is not too much complicated could you please explain this more in detail? How can I get needed information from vf01?

Thank you

BR,

Paulina

adithya_velide
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Paulina,

I can try to explain in detail as much as I can.

From the screen which you shared above, the split analysis configuration based on the forign trade data, and assignment number.

(FYI) In our standard configuration Payer, Payment terms and Billing date  These three parameters are coded in the split criteria for invoice.

But your scenario, system considering the parameters forign trade data and Assignment number. I think may be this two parameters were also added in the split criteria.

Regards,

Adithya V.      

0 Kudos

Hi Paulina

Thanks for the screen shot.

It seems to me from this that you are getting a split on the VBRK-ZUONR only the other field is the number assigned to the foreign trade data (EXNUM) it is a consequence of the split not the cause of the split. For the ZUONR field there is customising where you can control the value. For delivery related billing if you go to transaction VTFL for you order and delivery type at the header level you will see the Assignment Number field. It has various options and you have chosen 'B' sales order.

This is the problem from a split perspective. You have 2 sales orders but only one VBRK-ZUONR field so a split is inevitable. The only thing you can do is either set a common value (pick one of the sales orders) or clear the field then there will be no split.

The data transfer routine is the way to do that if it is required.
Go to transaction VTFL and you can see the routine that is used in your scenario.

Your ABAP programmer can copy this routine in VOFM and assign your copied routine in this customising. If the code in the routine was coded with ->  CLEAR VBRK-ZUONR for example
There would be no split here and you would have one invoice for these 2 documents.

Hope it helps further
Kind regards

Brian