Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeat a failed transport

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am on HANA version 1.80.3.

I created a transport using HANA native transports (not CTS/ABAP and not the download/upload DU). My transport contains changes in a delivery unit as opposed to the full delivery unit.

My transport failed with a pretty obvious and easily resolvable error e.g. missing a dependent object.

My question is; how do one repeat the transport? Since my transport contains changes only, and there are quite a few, I don't want to re-create those changes. I am looking for a way to "repeat" the failed transport.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

I haven't seen a feature similar to Transport of Copies in SAP HANA.

In HALM, until a Change Id gets imported successfully in the target system, it will continue to appear in the transport route.

So, in your case, if the missing dependent object is under the same Delivery Unit then you can capture it in a new Change ID. Once this new Change ID ( say, #2) is released, you will then see this Change ID #2, and it's predecessor,Change ID having all other objects ( say , #1)  in the transport route. Now, importing Change #2, will also bring in objects under Change #1. This way dependency will be met and you will be able to import all the objects correctly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tarun

You make it sound as though there is a way to "capture a change". I am not aware of that functionality. The only way to "collect or capture" the objects, that were in my previous transport of changes, seem to be to actually "touch" and reactivate each object again.

Would you agree with the above?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with what you have mentioned. And that was also my opening comment in my previous reply.

Further in my response, I proposed a solution for your issue that avoids re-capturing all the objects for successful migration.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You mentioned "until a change ID is successfully imported, it will continue to appear in the transport route".

If this was the case, it would solve my problem but this is not what I am seeing. My transport of changes failed and when I select the same transport route and select "Start Transport", the list is empty i.e. there are no changes to transport.

I logged an Incident for SAP as well.

Thanks

Answers (0)