cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enable Security Audit Logging on all SAP transactional systems (SM19/20)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Please help me on  below topics.

How to enable Security Audit Logging on all SAP transactional systems (SM19/20).

Is it possible to enable Security Audit loging for a specific set of transactions or if all transactions need to be logged?

any impact to system performance, volume prior to enabling the Security Audit log in production systems and  need to decide on log retention/archive.

Regards

Shekar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you search here before asking, as require? If you had, you would have found this document - . If this doesn't answer all your questions, let us know what questions you still have...

Steve.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shekar,

In SM19 you can configure the audit logs with the link as mentioned by Steve as below.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-60743

Just to brief them, the parameter rsau/selection_slots shows the filters in SM19 for which the default is 2. Hence you can increase them to calssify the users.

Also by selecting the Audit classes and clicking the 'Detailed COnfiguration' you can select the message id's needed to be activated for the logs.

Regards,

Nikhil

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Here you need to be more specific regarding the issues,Hope you searched SCN before asking as also suggested by

Addition to all you could also look for Authorization Trace in transaction ST01 - Product Lifecycle Management - SCN Wiki

System Trace - Tools for Monitoring the System - SAP Library

Hope this will help you .

Good luck !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rana,

I checked above documents and having some issues in it,so i have opened new thread.

Is it possible to explain in some detail to enable Security Audit loging for a specific set of transactions or if all transactions need to be logged?.

Regards

Shekar