Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use Hierarchies Created in SAP HANA [Online connection] in LUMIRA

former_member193591
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to use a hierarchy in Lumira that was created in SAP HANA connected with HANA online mode;

I was not able to do it. so to try all the possibilities I have created Hierarchies in SAP HANA [Both Type- Level Type & Parent Child Type]. I have created these hierarchies in both Analytical view and Calculation view. When I consume these views in Lumira, it recognizes them as Geography, however it is not getting into a single hierarchy.

Hierarchy created in SAP HANA

Only one Option available in Lumira while creating Hierarchy, unlike offline mode

All 3 hierarchies should be under a single header for us to use them effectively ...

please help me with this ... Versions ...SAP HANA 1.0.85 thru AWS & Lumira 1.22

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The features in online are limited

Please see

former_member193591
Participant
0 Kudos

Something doesn't seem OK. if these don't work what is the purpose of creating one geographical Hierarchy for one object ... then there is no hierarchy ... but calls itself hierarchy ...

All the more when I went through the link that you shared, Henry had mentioned that Geo Hierarchy is possible ... That is where I am running towards ...

Henry had Mentioned

"-- the only exception to this rule (at time of writing) is Geo Hierarchies, which can be defined in HANA online."

So we might need more info ... there might be a way out ...

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Yes, Geo dimensions are detected,  but their representation is only 1 level deep.   One of my biggest frustrations ...

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

In addition to this, as far as I know, parent child hierarchies are not supported. And GEO_HIER_PC seems to be one?

Best regards

Antoine

former_member193591
Participant
0 Kudos

Yeah Antonie,

I was not sure about which type of hierarchy would work, and so attempted both & both didn't work. I couldn't see both.

@Henry,

For that 1 level deep or hierarchy that I see in Lumira did not come from HANA. That was modeled in Lumira. Both Level and Parent-Child hierarchy that I created in HANA was not available in Lumira.

So 1 level deep or nothing ... none came from HANA ... Any Idea if this going to be fixed in HANA- Lumira or SAP Predictive Analysis Integration ... in future versions ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Henry, Did we find any work around for making it go multiple levels in Geo hierarchy for live connection to HANA?

Cheers

Suri

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suri - this is a closed thread; if you are looking for something new please create a new thread and reference this one.  Thank you - Tammy, SCN Moderator

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Faced similar type of issues on the same setup of AWS and Lumira

Finally came to know that hierarchies (custom hierarchy in lumira other than geo type)can't be created via hana online mode in lumira standard edition(option isn't enabled).

Hence tried creating hierarchy on hana side(attribute & calculation views) and consumed it into lumira.

At last, hierarchy thus created is available on lumira.

PFA screenshot for the simple hierarchy of date and time.

Also, which edition of lumira you're trying with?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Si, if I understand correctly, a hierarchy created in the HANA View can be consumed (and detected as such) un Lumira, right?