cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicated field was not appearing on mapping(test tab)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have one requirement in mapping level.

Requirement: At sender side(File) i have two different fields and receiver side(IDOC) having only one field. These two fields data should go to receiver field.I have created a Duplicate for the same filed(C) and Mapped accordingly,but while doing testing in mapping level the field is presenting only one time at target side, but i need two times that same field should represent under the same node.

Please suggest me with your helpful answers.

Regards,

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dileep,

If the field occurrence is 0.1 then you cannot create same field two times at the target side, Why dont you can create parent node (if the parent node 0.unbounded) twice with the field like below.

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Praveen,

Thanks for your quick response..

Yes i do the same what you said on the above index for "Data record".But my requirement goes for "Header Segment" then how can we do it. If i do the same for Header then it will populate more then once. Am i correct??

Please suggest me..

Regards,

Kumar

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dileep,

Can you attach the source and target xml's then it will be clear for us.

Regards,

Praveen.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can not define the same field two times under the same structure,or at least in pi you can not activate the data type with this characteristic.

We had the same case and we solved it using index function in graphical mapping,  with this you can check if the index is even or odd Number using and UDF.

Alberto