Organization Structure and Routes for Transportation - Issues
Its my second yet most complex experience for Transportation and Shipment Management. My question are as follows:
1) The client produces biscuits at two legal companies A and B hence two company codes
2) The client has more than 10 warehouses spread across country. Each Warehouse holds biscuits for both companies at a single warehouse facility
3) Shipments and Trasnportation is done via Factory A and Factory B to warehouses. Primary Shipments
4) Shipments and Transportation is done via Warehouses to Customers. Now customers orders both company's goods A and B in a single Order/Dispatch
5) Each Vehilce has to carry a minimum load of 450 cartons (depending on vehicle) for Secondary Shipments. If the load is NOT fulfilled, another customer order is entertained in the same vehicle. This customer may lie in another Town (obviously on route and nearby). Client calls it as town. Hence two or three various twon can be covered in a single shipment
Q) How will I setup transportation planning points since One Company Code can only have one or more Trans Planning Points. My requirement is to cater Goods for both companies in one vehicle hence One Trans Planning Point for both companies. (Each warehouse is treated logically as two plants to cater both companies)?
Q) What setup do I need to make in terms of Shipment types, Legs, Routes and Stages with freight cost in the scenario above?
Two questions for NOW Please help!