Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Valuation type intercompany stock transfer

former_member193587
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have configured intercompany stock transfer process. I created po for intercompany & put valuation type " manufacturer" in po line item. I have done delivery & PGI with same valuation type .But now at the time of GRN with respect to outbound delivery I want to change valuation type from "manufacturer to trading "but field is non editable & default it is taking as "manufacturer" . SO please suggest..I already serach on scn but not found perfect solution .

Thanks & Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you enter the valuation type in the PO line item, then you have to receive the same valuation type in MIGO.

You can very well create an intercompany STO without valuation type in the PO line item (Maintain the PO field selection accordingly). During PGI, you can select the required valuation type and then post the PGI and since its cross company STO, there is no stock in transit posted.   Since no valuation type is maintained in the PO item, you can choose the required valuation type while receiving the goods in MIGO.

Please test the scenario and revert back.

Regards,

AKPT

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

PRASOON AK wrote:

...then post the PGI and since its cross company STO, there is no stock in transit posted.

System will post the stock into stock in transit. You just can't able to see the stock in the field "Transit/Transf" or "Stock in Transit" in MMBE or MB52 in the case of inter company STO (movement type 643). You can able to see the stock in the field "Stock in trans. CC".

For more details please have a look into the KBA 1927894 - Inter company stock in transit not showing in MB52

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its clearly explained in the same note that cross company STO SIT is a "'virtual' stock in transit" which is calculated dynamically based on the values in the EKET and EKBE table. Cross company STO SIT is not stored in any table and not considered as actual "stock in transit". You can just display it in reports, where its calculated dynamically. The actual SIT is posted only in intra company STO.  Hope its clear.

Regards,

AKPT

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Does it mean system will do nothing (for stock quantity only) after post the movement type 643 ?

We can still see the stock under unrestricted stock (under issuing plant) after post the movement type 643. I can see the same statement in this this docu as "After the goods issue has been posted, the stock overview displays the quantity transferred as  Stock in transit (CC) ."

Along with it has stated that system will post an accounting document for the goods issue.

P.S. I know that it is not stored in any table. I am not mixing the case of SIT of intra company which is stored in table, that is different.

joao_sousa2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's very strange that you can still see the stock under unrestricted stock on the issuing plant after PGI The system should have posted a credit to the stock account, removing the stock from the issuing company.

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You may check the note: 25220 - No stock in transit with cross-company purchase orders which clearly explains that there is no SIT for cross company STO. Its standard design.

Regards,

AKPT

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No.. That was my question..  Not my situation..

I was asking the same "Can we still see the stock in unrestricted (issuing plant) after post the goods issue ?"

If no, then where can we see the stock ?

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I have told that already, I know, it will not update the field "Transit/Transf" or "Stock in Transit" in MMBE or MB52. But I think it doesn't mean that system will not post the stock from unrestricted to transit and this note says that "You can use the reporting function in Purchasing to display the stock quantities in transit." Why is it saying 'transit' as you are saying "there is no stock in transit posted".

My concern is just system will post the stock from unrestricted to transit for the cross company STO (after post the movement type 643). But not as same like as intra company.

Here matter is same but just system will update the field "Stock in Transit" for intra company STO and it will not update the field for inter company STO.

But for both case system is posting the stock from unrestricted to transit.

joao_sousa2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"No stock in transit posted" means that in accounting there is no stock (in transit or otherwise).

Reporting functions will show you quantities, but when people talk about "posting" they are refering to real stock or accounting movement.

The postings, both in the material and accounting documents, are a credit to quantity/value. From an accounting perspective the stock has left the company.

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

My statement in the initial comment is well supported by the note: 25220 - No stock in transit with cross-company purchase orders.

Once you post GI for an inter company STO, the stock issued like GI for a sales order and is not posted to "in transit stock". You can even receive the stock in the receiving plant without doing PGI in the supplying plant. If there is actual SIT, the receipt (MIGO) was not possible without GI in the supplying plant.

Just for tracking purpose, the issued goods, pending for receipt is dynamically calculated and showed in the report. It is not considered as actual SIT, its just a "virtual stock in transit"

Regards,

AKPT

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's it. Thank you.

former_member193587
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for response. Is there any enhancement available to change valuation type in GR ?

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can achieve the requirement, if you dont put any valuation type in the inter company STO. In this case, you can insert the required valuation type during PGI and required valuation type in MIGO as well. May I know why you are thinking for enhancement.

Regards,

AKPT

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Valuation type works as batch number. Why do you want to change the valuation type as you have already done the PGI for valuation type "manufacturer" ? Isn't correct that system taking the valuation class as default "manufacturer" ?

You should continue the goods receipt with the same valuation type and then after post the goods receipt, you can transfer the stock from old valuation type to new valuation type by using movement type 309.