Participant
0 Kudos

Hello togehter,

know anybody

• the release date of sFIN 2.0?
  • is there a ramp up program?
  • where can I get the release notes?
  • what changes are planned?
  • where can I get the installation process / migration process?
  • should we install sFIN 1.0 before or should we wait to the new version?

Thanks for answers

Best regards

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Please find the release "announcement" here. This also includes links to the Early Knowledge Transfer material

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member184458
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thomas,

my understanding is that sFin 2.0 is GA since today, March 31st 2015, after extensive testing with many ramp-up customers.

As soon as we get more details we will update the S/4HANA FAQ for sFin on SCN: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-59882

thank you

erich

Former Member
0 Kudos

SFIN 2.0 is not out there for GA.  As per my understanding, this is under testing with Customers.  Not sure whether there are any ramp up customers.   There is a Webcast on 2.0 features on SCN. You need a S user id to access it.  My recommendation is not to implement 1.0 especially when you know 2.0 is coming up later this year.  Though SAP will give migration tools, from my watching of the Webcast the changes are significant from 1.0 and it does not make sense to go for 1.0.  I am expecting an answer in SAP financials in Vegas next week on the release date and keep you posted

Ravi Ravipati

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

you can try for SAP Note: 2091782.

Symptom

This note is obsolete and replaced by note 2129306 - Check Customizing Settings Prior to Upgrade to Simple Finance (SFIN 2.0)

The program ZFINS_MIG_PRECHCK_CUST_SETTNGS provided by this note checks the consistency of your ledger, company code

and controlling area settings to determine if a migration to SFIN2.0 is possible.

Other Terms

Journal Entry, Ledger, Parallel valuation,

Are the currency settings of your company codes compatible with the new tables

Are the currency settings of your ledgers compatible with the new tables

Are the currency settings of your ledgers consistent

Are the parallel valuation scenarios that are incompatible with the new tables (such as Transfer Prices, Costs of Goods Manuafactured, ABC

Are User Exits or BAdIs active that are or might be incompatible with the ledger concept of sFIN2.0. These checks affect the following BAdIs:

FCOM_EXT_LEDGER

FCOM_VORGN_4_EXT_LDR

DIP_AD010002_SEL (or Customer Exit AD010002)

-FIELD = 'WRTTP' and

SIGN/OPTION/LOW/HIGH are filled in a way that also values <> '04' are selected.

In sFIN2.0 ALE scenarios in CO are not fully supported: Currently an sFIN2.0 system cannot act as ALE receiver system for CO line items.

without the corresponding line items in FI. It cannot be checked by this report whether such ALE scenarios are used. This

Solution

The source code of the ABAP check report ZFINS_MIG_PRECHCK_CUST_SETTNGS is attached to this note. Create the report in the system

using the SE38 transaction and copy&paste the source code from this note.

Regards

Srinu