Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid by Company and Reimburse to Employees in Credit Card Expenses

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am doing credit card configuration.

In my business scenario, we are using Travel Expenses only in TRIP.

We don't use Travel Planning in SAP.

I am doing configuration for Credit Card Clearing.

I checked the thread .

I have few doubts after seeing the above thread.

1. Do we maintain Expense Types twice, i.e. one for Reimbursement to Employee and another Paid by Company?

Example- 1. Dinner Expense- Reimbursement to Employee

2. Dinner Expense paid by Credit Card- Paid by Company

We have around 38 expenses under Reimbursement to Employees. So do I have to create additional 38 Expense Types for Credit Card as well under Paid by Company?

Do I need to activate Wizard option for Credit Card expense Types?

2. I went through the following document- Travel Management (FI-TV) - SAP Library

Now, after going through the document, I am getting confused. THis document suggest to set the Travel Expense Types under Reimbursement to Employees. But in point 1, it suggests to create Travel Expense type under Paid by Company. Both are contradicting.

3. I tried both the options, by assigning Expense Types to Paid by Company. In this case  when I go to settle the bills in PR05, the value is ZERO. When I tried Expense Types to Reimbursement to Employee, while settling the bills, there is an amount, but while posting the bills to FI, I get error messages. Error message is attached.

Below I given the Config done for Credit Card Vendor assignment and GL assignment.

4. Inorder to assign the Credit Card Vendor in Travel Accounting, I am assigning in Transaction HRP-Customer/vendor trip costs postings

General Modification- AX      

Account- 10000 (AMEX Vendor code)

Already there is one more line for linking Employee Vendors. I am not touching that.

Is this configuration correct?

5. Do I need to assign Symbolic account for wage type assigned Credit Card Expense Types? Please explain me the steps.

Please help me.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, you need to have double expense types - otherwise, totals per wage type and total on review screen and form will not be correct. This is one of the weak points in the SAP expense type concept.

If value is zero in posting, run, check GL account assignment. If you have sth like +60/ -60 as GL, total will be zero. If you have sth like +30/ -60 with 30 and 60 pointing to same GL, total will be zero as well.

If GL AX is missing in HRP, create it there as well. (HRP + HRT)

For the rest, pls refer to good docu in help.sap.com. Depending on your type of credit card, items are either paid by employee, or paid by company. Or, in case of bad luck, mixed. ("Combi Pay" process of AMEX US, AMEX UK and Citi). I wouldn't call this contradicting but globally flexible...

best, Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a doubt here, wage type used for 38 expense types to be reimbursed to employees will be the same for the credit card expenses (paid by company).

Example-

Airfare- Reimbursed to Employee- Wage Type- MJ70

Airfare Paid (Credit Card)- Paid by Company- Wage Type- MJ70

Car Rental- Reimbursed to Employee- Wage Type- MJ61

Car Rental Paid (Credit Card)- Paid by Company- Wage Type- MJ61

Former Member
0 Kudos

This will not work and end up in wrong trip totals on the form, on review screen or in database. You can use same wage type only for one purpose - either paid by company, or to be reimbursed.

Run the customizing check report - last node in travel IMG - with option "check wage types" for expenses, and enjoy your error list. (RPR_CHECK_CUSTOMIZING or sth)

Answers (0)