cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Site Receiving

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SCN Experts,

I have scenario where company is having remote sites/location (could be in hundreds/thousands), for which plant creation is not feasible process. How do we deal with material receiving directly to remote site ? Do we follow cost center approach with account assignment as such material delivered by vendor will be for consumption purpose. Also how do we deal with order creation directly shipped to remote location sites ? material has to be delivered directly by vendor to remote locations.

would love to hear from experts.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Give me something for my imagination. What are these hundreds/thousands remote sites?

Just saying a number of sites does neither explain why a plant creation is not feasible nor that they cannot do the process like any other site which is not that remote.

We have a plant in New Zealand, that is the most remote place from Germany, about 30 employees, it is setup as a company with a plant, they do almost all what a big plant does too.

Malaysia is not that remote but has less than 10 employees, still it is a company with a plant. Bangladesh with 3 employees is not running SAP. But SAP is not the only software to run business, so even they use a computer to manage their stock, their orders, deliveries, payments etc etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for jumping in Jurgen. The example i can give is EPC construction small remote sites, with same country, The remote sites are located within country, no international remote site. Here, scenario is, vendor to deliver direct goods to remote sites for which plant do not exist. Receiving will be done at remote site. what is the option to be explored for this situation ?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In that case I see it more as a project, not as a plant as it is only a temporary activity.

Projects can be defined with and without stock management. You could as well define storage locations if you want.  Delivery addresses have always been around in the purchase order and you can order to get the goods delivered to wherever you want.

kunal_ingale
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

SAP Learner was my name of profile once upon a time and SAP community lead asked me to change it to my real name, to identify people  on the community. you might have also receive that mail

ok about your question , As Jurgen Suggested you can use project or Storage locations for this purpose with different address..

you need to take correct requirement from business and accordingly use the one of the option.

if the site will be closed after completion of work then use project as form there you can have track of in and out of material quantity and value.

Thanks

Kunal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another specific example - i can list here is "Mobile Tower" for telecom - We find it everywhere in the area that too in thousands, The business would required to perform initial installation for remote sites for which direct delivery would require from vendor. There after, maintenance related activities will take place. Do you suggest to create storage locations for remote sites ? I am not familiar with project system. Is it mean that mobile tower site maintenance or installations are dealt via project system in SAP ? But this question is more related to direct vendor delivery to such remote site options :-).

kunal_ingale
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you will have both options , SL and project ,

I will prefer Project , as you can have a project as per your validity of contract of the tower. Also you can use the project till the time you dont close it.

if you create SL then also there wont be any issue but there might be chance of user mistake to entering wrong SL in PO or PR where the SL is not mandatory field.and also there might be chance that you have to create SL based reports to capture expense and other details,

using project you can have PR and PO auto generated once you place material to be procured under that project.and you have some standard report to show alll the required information.

you can check with your project person for this.

Thanks

Kunal