cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCMS: Screen for BRRECOVER/ BRRESTORE?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's,

Since many days I am curious to know why CCMS doesn;t provide a screen for BRRESTORE/BRRECOVER. As we have screen for BRBACKUP, then what could be the reason for not providing same for BRRECOVER.

I feel that recovery is not done often and requires lot of attention from admin hence CCMS doesn;t provide this screen. CCMS helps admin by showing all the backup details which could help him/her to recover SAP database. Please help me to confirm my understanding.

Thanks in advance,

Nagesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nagesh,

CCMS is a reporting function. In the context of BRBACKUP, it's just telling you about the backups - it's not executing them.

I hope recovery is not done very often!! If you are in a recovery mode, then interactive screens in SAP will be of little use, since you are not able to logon to the system most likely.

If you need to recover, then yes, this is a very intensive process, and should involve an Oracle DBA if not a Basis person with deep Oracle experience.

-Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your prompt reply.

If CCMS doesn't execute the BRBACKUP command, then who executes it? Do you mean its job of DBA calendar to execute the backup job?

Regarding recovery screen, I was on the same line.

I feel that there could be some more reasons for not providing the screen.

If CCMS doesn't able to fire recovery command, then at least it should help ORA DBA to show the backups (which could fulfill recovery) and steps required to up the SAP database.

Thanks for confirming my understanding.

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

BRBACKUP will start from:

1. DB13 job that schedules an SM37 which is start an OS command

2. started manually or through a non-SAP scheduler at OS level.

CMMS is a reporting tool and is not used to trigger brbackup.

Answers (0)