cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe Form Repeat a Subform Every Page

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey All,

I've run into an Adobe issue and am just spinning trying different techniques to make it work. Any hints would be greatly appreciated.

In my content area I have three subforms. The first subform is positioned, the fields have to be placed correctly. The second subform is fundamentally a table header for the third subform, which is the rows of the data. All three subforms are wrapped in another subform that is flowed.

Why would I do it like this? Well, the table in the third subform has control levels so it merges like rows nicely in this way when the first column rows are the same...

So the first page of my document would look like this...

H is repeated for every page. So it is on the Master page. That's easy.

1 is the 'sub-header' and should only be on the first page. This works.

2 looks like a header for the table, but is really it's own table because of formatting requirements and the values are dynamic. It looks nice, but shows up only on page one.

3 is the data table. It works great too.

Page one looks great. Page two looks like this... I can't get part 2 from above to repeat for every new page.

I have tried numerous approaches, but nothing seems to work. I really need to stick with the control levels, and that keeps me from having one nice table with a header that repeats. Perhaps I've approached this wrong? Perhaps there is a way to have my cake and eat it to?

Here is my layout in case that helps at all explain my issue. I appreciate any help. I'm sure a seasoned Adobe person may quickly see the err of my ways.

Thanks,

Greg

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

A simple solution to repeating that subform may still be out there. Meanwhile, a bit of a hack...but I created a second page and put the table header on Page 2 of the master page. I'd still like for there to be a way to tell the subform to repeat for each page even if there is just one line of data...but this may not be possible. Confirm or unconfirm these suspicions and I'll award you the points and close the question.

Answers (0)