cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transfer cost from WBS to another WBS in different controlling area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

We have a requirement to transfer actual cost associated with a WBS element 'AN-1-200' which belongs to controlling area 'PQRT' to another WBS element 'TA-9-800' which belongs to a different controlling area 'CJAP'.

I tried this with KB11N transaction but ended up with following error:

WBS element XXXXXX belongs to different controlling area XXXX

Please suggest right method of transferring the actual cost

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashraf,

Controlling Area as per SAP is "used to represent a closed system for cost accounting purposes". So you can't make transfer from one closed system to other.

As suggested by above by Gurus you better reverse & make correct posting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashraf,

The best option for you here would be to reverse the incorrect posting and post the entry to the right object in the desired controlling area. Ofcourse, assuming that this was an incorrect posting.

This would help you avoid unwanted complexities.

Regards,

Gokul

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ashraf,

It is important to understand the business case, why the transfer is required?  Was it wrongly booked or it is a cost transfer?

If it was wrongly booked, you need to reverse the original document and post it in the correct Company Code.

If you need a cost transfer it have to be done through inter-company invoicing process in FI-AR/AP.

Regards,

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paulo,

intercompany invoicing is different than cost transfer.

please correct me if i am wrong.

Ashraf: right way is to reverse the original document and post it in the correct Company code as Paulo replied.

thanks

Sunil

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

The result is exactly the same. The only difference is that for intercompany invoicing might need a margin for legal reasons.

Regards,