cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Busines Connector ,How to connect with visual studio dot net?

Former Member
0 Kudos

1 Does it need adapter like dot net connector ? if yes what is that adapter name ?

2 Or it connect like webservice ? If yes how to reference a service?

3 Can you point me the document or example about bc and visual studio?

regards,

zemon

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi zemon,

how are you doing ?

Background : SAP BC is an older tool, it is no longer supported by SAP

It is based on the webMethods Language and is used to interface multiple systems [SAP & non SAP]

As this job is now done by SAP XI, it is no longer in use for new projects, however older i still come across older implementations once in a while

a BC turotial :

http://www.thespot4sap.com/Articles/SAP_XML_Business_Integration.asp

answering your questions :

1> it is an independant product, and does not have any current adapter, it is an adapter itself )

2> no, unfortunately it cannot be consumed like a web service, but the later versions of webMethods [which are not supported by SAP as they are rival products to XI] do have web service interfaces

http://www.webmethods.com/solutions/wm4sap

3> http://www.webmethods.com/Products/Leadership/dotNET

this will allow you to do webMethod Development via VS.NET

i do have a question for you :

please let me know what the is requirement for which you are concidering using SAP BC

once i understand your case a bit better, i will be in position to make the appropriate recommendations to you.

with respect,

amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi amit

According to the other forum that i ask and you answer about dot net connector i got a problem about language i receive 2 byte/charector in basic latin range reference to unicode that is not standdard(my native langauge should be 3 byte unicode) and i can't display

Section of BASIS suggest Business Connector he tell me should renew project with business connector. Then i want to know about bc to discuss with him or renew project if BC better than dot net connector .

then i ask you some question.

Does BC not SAP xi do like dot net rfc server ?

Can you compare BC and dot net connector (my application develop from VS) ?

Can you detail about bug from BC ?

Thank you verry much.

zemon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi zemon,

how are you doing today ?

BC is an older technology interfacing tool

it is 1 generation older than SAP .NET Connector

the last version was 4.7, which is no longer supported by SAP, so any developments using this tool are at your own expertise

It is a good tool, but it does not make sense to start using it now

We can look for alternative solutions to your character problems, have you installed the language packs required ?

BC and XI are rival products

SC & NCo are not, but they do have overlapping functionality

please let me know what systems are you interfacing ?

SAP -> .NET

SAP -> SAP

SAP -> other

etc ...

>>Does BC not SAP xi do like dot net rfc server ?

yes, you can create SAP rfc servers with SAP BC, but they are completely separate to the .NET environment

>>Can you compare BC and dot net connector (my application develop from VS) ?

you cannot develop SAP BC applications using VS, it has it's own IDE, however the newer versions of webMethods [not SAP] can be integrated into VS.NET

>>Can you detail about bug from BC ?

there is no bug as such, only that SAP stopped development of this tool and markets XI in its place, webMethods has continued the development and have a rival product and SAP does not offer support for it, webMethod does.

my recommendation :

do not begin new projects with SAP BC

if you are used to the webMethods Flow language , it is better to develop applications using the latest webMethods tools

if you need this piece just for the language problem, we can look for another solution for localization, using SAP BC will make the system unnecessarily complex, and a nightmare to maintain in later years

with respect,

amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi amit

1 interface system is .net

I try to access BC via http protocal(web browser) It can config bapi to test funciton and return data in xml format

I think that format like webservice test funciton

Can we use this like webservice ( I remember you answer me it can't connect like webservice but i think if bc provide xml it should have mathod to call that function)

Please detail.

thank

zemon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi zemon,

adding BC inbetween a .NET system & a SAP system is theoretically possible

If you chose to undertake it's implementation, please have a high allowance for effort variance [it might take a while] once you get BC in place, you will need to write your own custom SOAP handlers for your .NET System [emulate your own connector classes] and when you want to go live with the application , it will need to undergo SAP evalluation ...

BC internally will use the librfc32.dll [like JCo, NCo & SAP GUI] to get any data from a SAP system, so i dont see it giving u different results, but i would like to understand from you if you successfully acomplish this...

with respect,

amit