cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing Cyrillic in Adobe Forms Layout Misaligned

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There, we are developing some forms for our Russian business that uses Cyrillic Characters. The build has been complete and the layout looks good in Print Preview. However, when we try to print the form to a LOCL printer, the layout doesn't match what we see on Print Preview and is mis-aligned.

I had seen similar problems before when printing to LOCL so I asked Basis to setup my laser printer on the SAP system (CP01) and I tried to print directly CP01, but when I did that, the first page came out with a number of Wingdings characters, and then 20 more blank pages.

Some interesting points to note, if I print it directly to CP01, the print comes out garbled, but if I then go to SP02 and view what was sent to the printer it appears fine. However, if I set my LOCL printer as my CutePDF printer (which basically converts output to PDF format) the output doesn't get rendered properly either. So I'm not sure it's fair to say that the issue is with the printer.

I have seen a number of posts on the forums regarding this issue but none of them have provided a clear resolution. My ideal solution would allow us to print to LOCL with the layout rendered exactly as it is on print preview.

Many Thanks for any help

Colm

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

Our team solved this issue by doing the following:

1) Changed Device type to SAPWIN (SAP recommended) in SPAD transactions for Output Device.

In SE73 Tcode we can see that SAPWIN supports TIMECYR (Cyrillic Characters).

2) In Tcode SCOT -> Settings -> Device types for Format Conversion

Changed PDF format conversion from PDF1 to PDFUC.

Thanks for your help

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

diego_santos
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Colm,

Can you get a screenshot of the error, please? Show the difference between preview and actual print out.

This might be a design issue in the Adobe Form or Encode problem with the XDC in ADS.
You can also try to use different XDC files. Please refer to SAP Note 685571.

Thanks,
Diego

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

Here is the issue, as you can see, on SAP, the 789 stays within the box, where as on the form when it's printed out, it pushes into the totals box on the side.

varun_vadnala3
Active Participant
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help Varun but this doesn't appear to have had any effect.