cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basic Finish date is coming up as Non Working Day

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Finish date is Production order is getting selected as non working day i,e Saturday.Can you please help

Thanks

Amulya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am closing the case now.

Issue was standard scheduling settings of SAP in OPU5 and OPU3 if maintained as Backward scheduling bypass Factory Calendar settings thus schdeule the orders on weekend based on the work shifts.

In our case work shifts was 24 hours thus Factory calendar settings doesn't play any role.

Thanks all for suggestions...

Thanks

Amulya

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you please suggest

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amulya,

In one of the thread, you have mentioned that multiple orders are created when converting planned orders to production orders based on lot size. Here, could you please confirm how SMK are determined diffrently (X for some 2 orders and Y for another 2 orders). Is there any standard way of doing this or any enhancement done? If it is enhancement then there is a possiblity of overwriting the factory or planning calendar with 7work days per week.

Regards,

Chinna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Saturday/Sundays has already been maintained as holiday.

I didn't get when Saturdays Sundays has been maintained as holidays then why Production Order Schedule date has been assigned as Saturday i.e is Non Working Day.As per my understanding it should have taken up as Monday i.e next working day.

Basic Start Date as Friday

Basic End Date as Saturday(WHY)

Schedule Date Saturday(WHY)

Schedule End Date Saturday(WHY)

Please suggest.

Thanks

Amulya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have maintained shift time as below.Please suggest.

Thanks

Amulya

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amulya,

The shifts seem to be correct.

Please check this note:

2038668 - Non-working day has been set for production order 's
start/finish date.

This note says that you need to:

1. Change "Adjust Scheduling" setting (customizing T-code OPU3) to "Adjust basic  date, adjust Dep.Reqmts to operation date" or "Adjust basic dates,adjust Dep.
  2. Reqmts to order start".Adjust work center's calendar setting -- remove "Saturday" from work center's factory calendar.

Kind Regards,

Mariano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Saturday/Sundays has already been maintained as holiday.

I didn't get when Saturdays Sundays has been maintained as holidays then why Production Order Schedule date has been assigned as Saturday i.e is Non Working Day.As per my understanding it should have taken up as Monday i.e next working day.

Basic Start Date as Friday

Basic End Date as Saturday(WHY)

Schedule Date Saturday(WHY)

Schedule End Date Saturday(WHY)

Please suggest.

Thanks

Amulya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mariano,

The setting is above only..Can you please suggest what else can be checked or nay possible reason fort he same.

Thanks

Amulya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your inputs..

I have checked everything is fine i.e No Special Rule Exist,Factory Calendar assigned in Work Center and Plant is same.Satudays and Sundays are maintained as holidays.

Please suggest what can be the reason for the same.One thing I have ntices is when i convert the planned order to prd Order 4 orders are created based on lot Size but schedule margin key gets changed for all orders i.e for 2 orders it is X(0 float) for 2 orders it is Y(1 float after prod)and issue is when Y comes up in prd Order.

Please Suggest.

Thanks

Amulya

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amulya,

Are you using APO to create your orders? If yes, it can happens that you have inconsistencies between APO and ECC.

Also, are you using planning calendar?

If not, please check again your shifts in the work center (check Capacity). Maybe you have a shift in a non-working day.

Kind Regards,

Mariano

Former Member
0 Kudos

No We are not using APO

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

If production order 's work center have factory calendar,  production order will do scheduling base on work center's factory calendar not plant calendar. Please check it.

Also checl Adjust Scheduling setting customizing T-code OPU3 to "Adjust basic date, adjust Dep.Reqmts to operation date" or "Adjust basic dates,adjust Dep. Reqmts to order start".

Refer OSS consulting note 46237 Consulting: determination of the order dates

and KBA 1895951 - Order dates and factory calendar

The order production start date or finish date is on a non-working day:

If the first or the last operation of an order in on the following situations, the production date may fall on a non-working day:

The operation duration is zero

The operation is not relevant to scheduling due to the control key settings

The operation is not relevant to scheduling according to the work center settings

In the above cases, system considers that it can always be executed directly before or after another operation and the production dates may fall on a non-working day.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have checked everything is fine..Can you brief what does it mean by below point.

The operation duration is zero

The operation is not relevant to scheduling due to the control key settings

The operation is not relevant to scheduling according to the work center settings

In the above cases, system considers that it can always be executed directly before or after another operation and the production dates may fall on a non-working day.

Thanks

Amulya

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Your operations in production order should have some duration means machine time labor time etc.

Check the control key in operation should be mark for scheduling in OP00

Check scheduling formula of work center.

Also share the screen shot of your production order scheduling and operation timing.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check  for the special rule (work day for particular saturday) maintained in factory calendar or not.

Regards

Piyush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Piyush,

Already checked.No Special Rule maintained.

Thanks

Amulya

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Amulya,

Check your Factory calendar assigned to your plant in SCAL if it is having Saturday is having a non working day then check your Routing operation assigned WC capacity header for any factory calendar assigned which is having Saturday as working day.

BR
KK

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check what is the factory calendar assigned to your plant. This can be done using t-code SE16, table T001W.

Once you get the factory calendar, check your factory calendar in SCAL. Confirm if Saturday and Sunday are non working days.

If even when the calendar has Saturdays and Sundays as non working days you still see orders, then check what is the calendar that you have in your work center.. it could be overwriting the plant calendar.

Kind Regards,

Mariano

0 Kudos

Hello,

Does that happen with a newly created production order ?

If yes, check if the calendar assigned to the plant has a special rule including this day.