cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lumira Transports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How do we transport lumira story boards from Dev to QA to Prod if we not integrated with BOBJ? Is there a way to transport objects if we just use Lumira Desktop and Lumira Server?

Thanks,

Justin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Prabhakar,

right now there is no standard Life Cycle Management of transporting Lumira Server objects from one HANA Server to another one, like in DEV, QA and Prod, as Lumira objects are runtime HANA Artifacts.

Dev. team is working on that functionality but not sure when this will be available.

if you are using the combination of Lumira Desktop and Lumira Server, you need to publish the story to the HANA Production environment directly. Normally it is recommended that you build and test the underlying HANA Views in DEV and QA and then build Lumira stories directly on top of Production system. For couple of projects we did the same thing.

thanks and Cheers,

Sreedhar

former_member185490
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have same question as Justin Prabhakar and I understand your response.

But I am hoping if there is any work around as publishing story board directly from dev to prod is not acceptable in our case and same as developing on production.

Ideally develop story visual story boards on desktop by developer and transport them to qa for qa validation. I can transport all hana artifacts using Hana ALM but unable to figure out to transport lumira visual stories to another environment.

Is there any hana sys schema where all these story boards are stored so that we can move them to another hana server(say qa)?

Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Naresh G

0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

as mentioned, Lumira is more suited for self service reporting where mostly the end users will create their own reports based on the views prepared by the IT/Power users.

on other side, if possible and allowed at your side, you can use BI Platform as a workaround. In this case you dont need Lumira Server for HANA and you will use HANA as a data source and BI as your publishing platform. With 1.28 (mostly, need to be confirmed by DEV) we will have HANA online for BI Platform and with that the scenario should work the same, except now in BIP instead of HANA Platform.

Otherwise moving the Lumira repository tables manually is a tideous and error prone work and it is not supported solution too.

Unfortunately for now these are the only options.

Cheers,

Sreedhar

former_member185490
Participant
0 Kudos

Appreciate your inputs Sreedhar

former_member185671
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

still missing a Lifecycle Management Tool for lums files?

Best,

.CV

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lifecycle Management can be used with Lumira 1.29 and BI Platform 4.1 SP 5 or higher. Now. This thread discusses promotion of Lumira Server objects from one HANA Server to another one. If this is what you are interested in, please see the following KBA:

2137630 - How do I migrate my SAP Lumira Server content from Dev to Test to Prod?

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer

Product Support

Follow us on Twitter (#SAPLumira)

Got Enhancement ideas? Use the SAP Idea Place 

former_member185671
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

The link you provided me is not working.

BR,

.CV

Verakso
Participant
0 Kudos

Perhaps the SAP note is no longer public, in that case you will have to go to SAP Note & Knowledge Base Article Search | SAP Support Portal and look up the note. This will require a valid S-User though.

But please be aware of note 2195103 SAP Lumira server version for SAP HANA and SAP Lumira Cloud are retiring.

So as of September this year, this will be an obsolete discussion/thread

/Thomas

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Justin

I think this is a fairly wide ranging question that will depend on the details of what you are trying to do.

E.g.; sharing Lumira files with users of Lumira Desktop vs. sharing with one of the Lumira Server products.

So, if you could let us know more details on what it is you want to do and what Lumira server product you want to be using as will help us in giving you some guidance.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter (#SAPLumira)

Got Enhancement ideas? Use the SAP Idea Place 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

We are using Lumira Desktop 1.22, Lumira Server 1.20 and SAP HANA version 82. Also planning to upgrade Lumira server to 1.22 as same as desktop version.

We do have existing BI 4.1 SP2 Patch3 platform.

For a POC, we have created a story board in Lumira which connects with HANA calculation view. It is having contents of few major KPI related to F&B industry. Since integration with BI 4.1 SP2 version is not possible, we are using Lumira server (Launch pad) to view the story boards.

How I can transport the story boards from Lumira Dev server to Lumira QA and Prod.

Thanks,

Justin