Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect to Host

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cannot connect to Host: ?

Posted: Apr 9, 2007 1:40 PM Reply E-mail this post

Hi

I have installed Sneak Preview in my system. When i am executing the Web Dynpro application its asking for SDM password. I have given the password which i am using for RemoteGUI.bat. I am able to login to RemoteGUI using the same passord. But when ever i have given the same password to the in SDM in Web Dynpro i am getting the following error

<b>

Error: Aborted: development component 'Sample'/'local'/'LOKAL'/'0.2007.04.08.19.37.49':

Caught exception while checking the login credentials for SAP J2EE Engine. Check whether the SAP J2EE Engine is up and running.

com.sap.engine.deploy.manager.DeployManagerException: ERROR: Cannot connect to Host: [compaq] with user name: [Administrator]

Check your login information.

Exception is:

com.sap.engine.services.jndi.persistent.exceptions.NamingException: Exception while trying to get InitialContext. [Root exception is com.sap.engine.services.security.exceptions.BaseLoginException: Cannot authenticate the user.]

(message ID: com.sap.sdm.serverext.servertype.inqmy.extern.EngineApplOnlineDeployerImpl.checkLoginCredentials.DMEXC)</b>

But my password is correct..

One more question.. How to create SLD in Sneak Previrew....

Please Help Me

Best Regards

Ravi Shankar B

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

suresh_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

See this thread same problem but solved:

Regards, Suresh KB

former_member189631
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Check these,

• Ensure your J2EE Engine Details you have given

• Ensure the SDM Password is correct

• Try to restart your SDM Server

• I guess u need to set some role as "PUBLIC".

Regards,

Ramganesan K.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

there could be two reasons:

1. Check whether you have made entry in Hosts file for your system hostname and IP address mapping. If not, you have to make entry in the host file.

2. Did you change the password of Administrator? If you have changed password of Administrator then, Open config tool and go to the secure store. Here, provide Same password of Adminsitrator in J2EE admistrator password field.

Password of Administrator in UME and in config tool should be same at all the time.

After doing this, try to deploy your application once again.

Regards,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have changed password in configtool. Now i am unable to login into visual administrator....? I have tried with old password and password which i have changed in configtool..... please tell me how to resolve it

Best Regards

Ravi Shankar B

abhijeet_mukkawar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

the most likely reason is that you have CreateTicketLoginModule in the service.naming authentication stack.

A solution is to:

1. Go to Visual Admin -> Security Provider-> service.naming.

2. Select NO for the authentication template.

3. Remove the CreateTicketLoginModule. (This login module can be used only by Web applications.)

hope it helps

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you are connected to wrong J2EE engine. Check the J2EE engine enteries in the NWDS. I mean re-check the Host of J2EE Server in NWDS.

Thanks,

Raags