cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to add privileges in WAS Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I´ve tried to install an evaluation version of WAS, but whe setup is laughted the follwing error appears:

"ERROR      2004-01-28 15:19:50

CIaNtUserPrivileges::add_impl(tdmadddow0513, TDMADLUCW0513Administrador, SeTcbPrivilege SeAssignPrimaryTokenPrivilege SeIncreaseQuotaPrivilege) ",

MOS-01224  Failed to add privileges 'SeTcbPrivilege SeAssignPrimaryTokenPrivilege SeIncreaseQuotaPrivilege' to account 'TDMADLUCW0513Administrador' on host 'tdmadddow0513'! "

and the instalation not finished sucessfully.

I´ve got role of administration in my machine.

What can I do ?

Regards,

David

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I got the same problem evaluating the sneak preview edition.

The solution of Stefaan works, but then I got other errors. I'll continue searching.

Seems to be a real SAP portal.

Greetings

Sandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had the same error-messages, and the solution I found was to make sure that the windows service "server" is running on your host. On W2K servers this might be de-activated. If the service isn't in there, you have to check your TCP/IP setting and add the service "file & print sharing" on your network card. Hope this helps !

best regards,

Stefaan Ovaere

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

has someone meanhile found a solution to this problem? I am suffering from it too (XP SP1).

I manually added the mentionend privileges to the user (local admin) I am working with. No success.

I found an indication that it is rather a host mismatch than the ability to add the privileges.

In this original posting i find >[]...to account 'DUCATI\Administrator' on host '.'.'<

In another posting on this i see

>[...] to account 'TDMADLUCW0513\Administrador' on host 'tdmadddow0513'<.

Notice the similar but different server names!

So, my interpretation:

someone tries to add privileges for a user USER known to SYSTEM1 (SYSTEM1\USER) on a system SYSTEM2, where the user SYSTEM1\USER is not known (and can't be).

Unfortunately i don't know where to start debugging further since i've got no time to get familiar with the whole installation process.

maybe someone already solved the riddle. help appreciated.

tony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes indeed, I've posted that message some time ago, because I'm installing the WAS on a local W2K server in a workgroup. I cannot logon as system administrator, but only as local administrator for that workgroup, holding all necessary privileges, but that doesn't seme to work.

I've tried on other machines held in a domain, and that worked perfectly.

So, if anyone succeeded installing the preview on a w2k machine in a workgroup... I'm very interested to hear how !

regards,

Stefaan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm also having the same problem:

• Transaction begin ********************************************************

WARNING 2004-06-11 11:04:03

Error 53 (The network path was not found.) in execution of a 'NetServerGetInfo' function, line (233), with parameter (www, 101).

ERROR 2004-06-11 11:04:03

MOS-01224 Failed to add privileges 'SeTcbPrivilege SeAssignPrimaryTokenPrivilege SeIncreaseQuotaPrivilege' to account 'S-1-5-21-606747145-1547161642-682003330-1008' on host 'www'!

• Transaction end **********************************************************

My computer is on Domain and I've already try to perform the installation with administrator domain user account and it was not successfull.

Do you have already any solution for this?

Server: Win 2000 Advance Server

Service Pack 3

Regards,

Ana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ana,

as far as i know, there were (besides the other problem(s) mentioned in earlier posts of this topic) known issues installing the Sneak Preview on a W2K Advance Server OS. Easy spoken, it might not be possible, since the installation seems not to be supported to run on a W2K server host. Please search this forum, i guess you'll find some posts there.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Indra,

we have a new Sneak Preview Edition of Web AS on SDN. You may want to try this one? We have fixed may issues around the intstallation.

Cheers

Ivo

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi David,

this just tells me nothing. We have an C++ error when trying to handle Admin privileges. This is done because the server makes up some users on the system that will start the thing.

So, do you see any system names in that message? This looks really weird.

And what windows are you using?

Regards,

Benny