cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sequencing in receiver adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please let me know if its possible to put the inbound queue name using mappings?

I have two interfaces. These interfaces are IDOC to file scenario's.

IDOCs are triggered from ECC in a sequence, How I will make sure if files are also triggered to thrid party FTP sever in sequence?

Thanks

Suma

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

As I understand, SAP PI receive the message and procces it by one queue....but in Mapping time, I think, you can not set the queue name because the message is proccesing in this moment by one queue. So, from my point of view, you have to take another way and try to set the queue name in adapter (in your version is not possible) and set by configuration.

check..SXMB_ADM--Configure Filter for Queue Prioritization.

check this links to achieve this

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1703154

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/04/827440c36ed562e10000000a155106/content.htm

You should set the same Name QUEUE for both interfaces.

Finally, if you have to check that the first message was going ok before process the second one, maybe your solution is not so "simple" and a ccBPM is an option.

Alberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank Alberto.

So this means it is not possible to put an outbound queue name? I dont want to use ccBPM..

Any other solution without ccBPM in PI 7.0?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Suma,

Set queue name is possible with message priorization, but if you need to control the result of the first message  is another requirement

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suma,

Please implement the changes which i suggested above and let me know.

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Thanks for your reply....

I just want to check if in rule name what ever details(suppose XX) we are giving will be maintained as the queue name for SMQ1 and SMQ2?

Thanks

Suma

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suma,

Yes you are right whatever you have given in the rule name, the queue name will be created with that name in ERP and PI. (Example : XBQIEDIQUEUE)

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So only in R/3 we need to set rule name?

No configurations required in PI?

Please clarify...

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suma,

Yes you are right only you need set the rule name in WE20 partner profile in R3, no other configurations required in PI.

Regards,

Praveen.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Suma,

You can use Maintain Order At Runtime in Interface Determination for this.

Regards,

Kalyan Batabyal

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have 2 interface determinations(2 interfaces). So maintain order at run time will not help here.

I need to ensure first interface data is sent first and then the second interface data to FTP server.

If the first one fails due to any issues in PI, then I shouldnt sent the second one.

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suma,

Do you have two receivers? or one receiver with two interfaces?

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have one receiver.

But two different IDOC types in sender side. So these are 2 interfaces in PI.

Sequencing is done in R/3. But in PI I should do sequencing to make sure receiver channel also delivers in sequence. I mean first IDOC type data data should go first as a file to receiver and then second idoc type data should be delivered.

I am looking to put in the same queue for these 2 interfaces.

Is it possible to assign same queue for 2 interfaces?

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suma,

Yes you can do using option queue processing in WE20 in R3 side for both IDOC types like below, you need to give same rule name for both IDOC types in R3 side and generate the IDOCs sequentially in R3 that means first generate first type of IDOCs and then second type of IDOCs then both will use the same queue in R3, PI ABAP stack and PI JAVA stack.

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why do you need put queue name in mapping? you can configurate both channel with the same queue name.

In File (Ftp) adapte:

Check in Proccesing section, select Exactly once in order and Queue Name appear.

Alberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using 7.0 version so cant put queue name in receiver file adpater