Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hierarchy Active not visible in properties

srikanthbwbw
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to create hierarchy in HANA. I created a table called PRDCT with product_id, Prd_Cat, Prd_typ. Inserted records thur sql statement.
Now in Semantic, I created level hierarchy and activated. In datafoundation, I am trying to make Hierachy Active = "TRUE" but i cant see that option in the properties.

I also created parent lvel hierachy, same problem exists cant find Hierarchy active option in properties.
Please help.

Thanks
Sri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member210482
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

Hierarchies are created in semantic node. And when you use this particular object in reporting tools which supports hierarchical reporting, these hierarchies will be visible there. For ex, pivot table in excel will show up these created hierarchies. Hope this help.

Regards,

Safiyu

srikanthbwbw
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

My issue is in properties, I can see option hierarchy active.

plz find the below screenshot.

Thanks

Sri

former_member185943
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe they only renamed the property from Hierarchy Active to  Drill Down Enablement. You should change it from Drill Down to Drill Down with flat Hierarchy (MDX). I did it and it worked (see my REGION field below).

->

KR,

Igor

srikanthbwbw
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry for late reply. Our HANA system is crashed. They are trying to fix it. Once its up i will check and update.

Thanks

Sri

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think thats the old way...

As far as I know, now You define hierarchy in Sematnic node in Hierarchies Tab.

See 15: 00 +

SAP HANA - Create Calculated Columns and hierarchies - YouTube

srikanthbwbw
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I created Hierarchy in the semantic node only. Just to pump the data into the table i used SQL.

Regards

Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, then thats it. What is then the problem ?

Depending on how You consume view, then you maybe have to set Drill down enablement for non-key columns. Otherwise, all is fine..