Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable menus in NWBC

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i have a problem with NWBC:

I have users with up to 300 roles, they use SAP in backend via SAP GUI.  Now i have ONE(!) role,where they have to use NWBC for ESS (employee self service).

My problem: the menu contains many many menu entries beside the ESS menu. The other functions must NOT be used via NWBC, they should  still work in SAP GUI.

So i ONLY want to display the ESS role/menu in NWBC, not the other ones.

I have found one flag in PFCG, it is the option "hide menu from NWBC". when activating this flag menu is NOT displayed in NWBC.

so far so good, BUT: we have about 5000(!!) roles, i can not do a manual activation of this flag for all this roles.

is there any other way only to display specific roles/menues in NWBC ????

br Martin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

MvW
Participant
0 Kudos

The following blogpost provides another solution via LSMW to hide roles from NwBc-menu.

MvW
Participant
0 Kudos

After some research I've found these two function modules that might help, but I didn't check them in detail

PRGN_STRU_LOAD_DEFINITION

PRGN_STRU_SAVE_DEFINITION

Would be nice to know, if you were able to solve your problem!

MvW
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

in my opinion there is no other way than setting the flag "hide menu in NwBc".

If you set the flag, your system creates a table entry in AGR_ATTS for every role in background (see screenshot).

So the easiest way to set this is flag automatically for a higher amount of roles would be to wright a short ABAP program (roles are defined in table AGR_DEFINE).

Creating such a program should be an effort of a few hours for an experienced developer.

Best regards

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi mark,

thank you !

well, i am developer myself for abap for 20 years now. i think i will take 1 hour for this report, BUT: that is a very dirty work when i do an insert into this table in abap any ideas if there are function modules, methods,..... for that ?

br Martin

MvW
Participant
0 Kudos

The following thread is also about setting the flag for hiding roles in nwbc, but with different approachs.

scn.sap.com/thread/3645306

Former Member
0 Kudos

Although I would advice against enhancing SAP standard you can achieve your requirement by creating an overwrite method for GET_NAVIGATION_TREE_CORE of ABAP class CL_NWBC_RUNTIME35. In the method you can set everything besides the nodes of the one role to hidden.