cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is "SAP UI FIORI CONFIG" used for?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

does anybody have any further information about "SAP UI FIORI CONFIG"?

I does not find anything in help.sap.com or in pam.

Just note 2104190 and the implementation guide

https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap/bc/bsp/spn/download_basket/download.htm?objid=0120025231000010391020...

Thanks and regards Christian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

I know these documents, but I could not find anything about the component "SAPUIFT which I am looking for.

With this it should be possible to activate FIORI Apps from the launchpad...

"The App Activation tile of SAP Fiori app implementation foundation allows you to configure and activate Fiori applications for the SAP Fiori Launchpad. You can activate the ICF node that you need to run the respective Fiori application from your launchpad along with the other required nodes and services."

But this does not work, I could not find "BOM" XMLs to get new FIORI Apps.

Or did I got it completely wrong?

Best regards

Christian

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Are you talking about SAP_UI. Component ? Never heard of SAPUIFT

Regards

Tejas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tejas,

I am not talking about SAP_UI, I am talking about SAPUIFT aka "SAP Fiori app implementation foundation".

Best regards

Christian

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Got it .. What is your gateway system netweavee version ? <7.4 or >7.4

Reg

Tejas

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are on Netweaver 7.4.

Best regards

Christian

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you looking for any analytical or factsheets app here ?

Mainly your focus here should be on below components in GW system.

SAP_UI

SAP_GWFND

IWPGW: For approval scenarios

UI App specific components UIX series

For tile activation and roles, you need to activate the services in sicf node and assign pfcg roles for launchpad tiles.

Let me know if this info covers your requirement

For BOM xml codes, please crosscheck if the ui and backend services are active in sicf

BR

Tejas

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

You can find the components in Software Downloads | SAP Support Portal.

Select the "Search for Software" on the right hand side.

Regards,

Masa / SAP Technology RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masayuki,

sorry for the delay....

I know where to find the component, and even the documentation for this component.

But I do not know where it is used for, as I understand it should make it easier to activate fiori apps ...

"The App Activation tile of SAP Fiori app implementation foundation allows you to configure and activate Fiori applications for the SAP Fiori Launchpad. You can activate the ICF node that you need to run the respective Fiori application from your launchpad along with the other required nodes and services."

As I understood, I do only have to download a BOM (XML) from SAP Fiori apps library, upload it to the SAP-Fiori-App-Administration and use "activate" to active the necessary ICF nodes etc....

Can this app be used for this?

Anybody wo used this app?

Thanks.

Best Regards

Christian

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

It is like automated configuration tool. It makes configuration easy and shorter.

Regards,

Masa / SAP P&I Technology RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masayuki,

thats what I understood, but it does not work. I can't find any XML (BOM) for download on https://fioriappslibrary.hana.ondemand.com/sap/fix/externalViewer/#/detailInfo.

Best Regards

Christian

0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

due to timing issues during the release timepoint, you cannot find any reference in the standard online help... yet (we are working on that). Right now, to get this tool / access installation information:

• Go the software download center in the service marketplace: https://support.sap.com/swdc
  • "Search for Software"
  • Enter: "SAP UI FIORI CONFIG"
  • You will get multiple results but they point to the same. Select any of these.
  • You should end up on a page offering you "Installation" and "Technical Documentation".
  • Select "Technical Documentation"
  • You should get one result with the ability to download a ZIP file. Inside this ZIP, you will find a PDF file explaining the installation.

Sorry, it's a bit cumbersome... as said, we are working on it

Best

Jochen

architectSAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jochen,

I installed the SAP Fiori app implementation foundation application (App Activation / Activate Fiori Apps app) and it shows up fine on the Finori Launchpad but on start-up it fails with a syntax error in ABAP program: /UI2/CL_CATALOG_API".

Is this a known problem? If so, is there a fix for it?

Many thanks in advance

Frank

0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

this class is a generic class (on a deeper layer than app activation). I was searching for notes, note 2260777 seems to offer a solution.

Kind regard

Jochen

architectSAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jochen,

thank you for your immediate reply.

SAP note 2260777 should have resolved the issue from its description, but unfortunately it did not.

From ST22 I still get the exact same syntax error description.

As you have correctly guessed, we are on NW750SPS01. Do you have any further suggestions, or are we perhaps unfortunately just too far ahead of the curve?

Very best regards

Frank

0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

sorry for the hassle. This should work (irrespectively of you being an early adopter). Can I ask you to open a customer incident?

Best

Jochen

architectSAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jochen,

we found the problem. There seems to be a mistake in SAP note 2260777. It is looking to replace a piece of code, that is not there:

After replacing the hard coded 'SAPUI5' with /ui2/if_nwbc_runtime=>e_report_type-sapui5 the note gets implemented correctly and the App Activation application works fine.

Best regards

Frank

0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

apologies for the apparent mistake and many thanks for sharing the experience.

I am currently verifying this internally and then trigger the necessary action.

Best

Jochen