cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting SMP Server fails after upgrading to SP05

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Recently I tried to upgrade my SMP Server to SP05.

According to the Install logs the upgrade has been completed successfully, but since then I am unable to start the SMP Server.

The following error appears in the SMP Server log:

2015 02 20 10:20:24#+0100#INFO#System.out##anonymous#SMPServerStatusManager###SMPServerStatusManager: 119 of 120 tracked bundles have initialized. | 2015 02 20 10:20:28#+0100#ERROR#org.osgi.service.log.LogService##anonymous#org.eclipse.virgo.medic.log.osgi.OSGiLogServiceListener@222da1a5###Bundle org.eclipse.osgi_3.8.1.v20120830-144521, SMPServerStatusManager: 2015 02 20 10:20:28.909 Bundles (and their services) not yet initialized: com.sap.mobile.platform.server.configuration.manager.service

Do you have any ideas how to solve the Problem?

Tags edited by: Jitendra Kansal (Moderator)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Meanwhile I tried to uninstall SMP and reinstall it again. Now everything works, so the thread can be closed.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I try to launch the installer again it says: "SAP Mobile Platform 3.0 SP05 is already installed and has not been updated."

I hope that some of the experts here can help me.

former_member286527
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi S H,

Could you please check the following KBA?

https://i7p.wdf.sap.corp/sap/support/notes/2127836

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kim,

according to the KBA I've changed the props.ini to the suggested values but the issue still occurs.

Please find the smp-Server.log and osgi.log attached.

Do you have any more ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried to restart the machine and start SMP Server again several times, but it still fails with the same error...

You can find the install logs of the update, the server.log and the osgi.log attached.

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

By looking at SMPInstall text file, it mentioned Upgrade failed

(Feb 20, 2015 9:56:49 AM), , com.sap.install.smp.wizardaction.ExecSilentInstall, dbg, stopServerService: command: C:\SAP\MobilePlatform3\Server\bin\svcutil.bat

(Feb 20, 2015 9:56:49 AM), , com.sap.install.smp.wizardaction.ExecSilentInstall, dbg, stopServerService: arguments:  -stop -quiet

(Feb 20, 2015 9:57:21 AM), , com.sap.install.smp.wizardaction.ExecSilentInstall, err, ERROR: return value: 1

(Feb 20, 2015 9:57:21 AM), , com.sap.install.smp.wizardaction.ExecSilentInstall, err, ERROR: Upgrade failed

but later it mentioned a successful message.

(Feb 20, 2015 10:03:25 AM), , com.installshield.sybaseworkspace1_0.event.dialog.swing.PanelLast, dbg, Upgrade to SAP Mobile Platform 3.0 SP05 has been completed successfully.

Looping

Regards,

JK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JK,

thanks I didn't see the message "ERROR: Upgrade failed" because of the successful message at the end of the file.

What can I do now to get it up and running?

Thanks,

SH

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

That Error message is somewhere in the middle of the file. Anyways lets wait to hear from experts.. meanwhile you can raise an OSS ticket in SAP support portal.

PS: You can just try again launching SMP3 SP05 setupAMD64.exe and see if you are seeing a message something like: This version has already been installed.

kirankola
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Try this two step process:

- Step 1: Regenerating the service:

1. svcutil -uninstall
  2. svcutil -generate
  3. svcutil -install

- Step 2: Restart Services:

1.   Shut down all SAP Mobile Platform processes.

2. If services were set to automatic, set the start-up for the SAP Mobile Platform services to manual.

3. Restart the system.

4. set the start-up for the services back to automatic if Server is up.

Good luck!

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

I tried all the steps you mentioned, but unfortunately it is still the same issue as described in the first post.

Do you have any more ideas?

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

What is the current status of SAP Mobile Platform service in services.msc? Is it in starting mode or stopped?

Are you able to stop it? > Right click desktop shortcut >Run as Admin

Dont have much clue from logs. Maybe, you can share some more info.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JK,

it is stopped. When I try to start it via right click on Sap Mobile Platform Server in services.msc it says:

"Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion"

Shall I upload all log files?

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion

That means SMP service didn't respond in a given time limit. Anyway, did you try to restart your machine and check if you still experience the same behavior?

Then probably you can share the current logs.

Regards

JK