Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

SAP Query- Transport Guidance

Hi ABAP Experts,

I am raising this question as a functional consultant. we have an infoset in our all three systems(Dev-quality-prod), now i have done the changes in the infoset in the Dev system,i have added few fields in Org assignments field groups.

Now i would like to transport it. after i generated transport button , no pop up came for TR, but when i clicked on Truck button. several options came over where i dont know how to transport. could you please help me out on this as i urgently need to transport the changes to Test system

That is what I clearly mentioned. Working in Standard area will not trigger any transport request. Instead You work in Global area and get a transport request triggered. This is hassle-free.

In your case this is the solution which does not involve any transport requests.

In SQ02 initial screen (be in Standard area) go to Menu Environment --> Transports. Have the screen settings like shown below

(Here PLANDATA is the name of my infoset and also the Infoset Query. )

Now click Execute , which would trigger a pop-up to specify the location to Download the Query. Have it on to your desktop. A dll file will be created. Now you need to Upload this downloaded file to your other Server/client. Now Go to SQ02 of the target Client, be in Standard Area and go to Menu Environment --> Transports.  Here

Select Upload button and Execute (Always Clear the Test run Checkbox) No other settings are needed. Take the location of the file select pop-up to desktop and have the downloaded file and click OK. Now you would find your work has been transported to the target client.

Have User Group (SQ03) of identical names in both the clients.

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question