Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

SAP Query- Transport Guidance

Hi ABAP Experts,

I am raising this question as a functional consultant. we have an infoset in our all three systems(Dev-quality-prod), now i have done the changes in the infoset in the Dev system,i have added few fields in Org assignments field groups.

Now i would like to transport it. after i generated transport button , no pop up came for TR, but when i clicked on Truck button. several options came over where i dont know how to transport. could you please help me out on this as i urgently need to transport the changes to Test system

Thanks

Sriram

Former Member
replied

That is what I clearly mentioned. Working in Standard area will not trigger any transport request. Instead You work in Global area and get a transport request triggered. This is hassle-free.

In your case this is the solution which does not involve any transport requests.

In SQ02 initial screen (be in Standard area) go to Menu Environment --> Transports. Have the screen settings like shown below

(Here PLANDATA is the name of my infoset and also the Infoset Query. )

Now click Execute , which would trigger a pop-up to specify the location to Download the Query. Have it on to your desktop. A dll file will be created. Now you need to Upload this downloaded file to your other Server/client. Now Go to SQ02 of the target Client, be in Standard Area and go to Menu Environment --> Transports.  Here

Select Upload button and Execute (Always Clear the Test run Checkbox) No other settings are needed. Take the location of the file select pop-up to desktop and have the downloaded file and click OK. Now you would find your work has been transported to the target client.

Note:

Have User Group (SQ03) of identical names in both the clients.

KJogeswaraRao

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question