Did you mean: 

data access profile bpc 10.1 unified model

michele_medaglia5
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear BPC Friends

I am working on bpc 10.1 unified model

I was wondering how to maintain the Data Access Profile in BPC

Is it mandatory to manage in BW or is possible to maintain in BPC classic-model like?

thanks

Michele

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Michele,

the idea of BPC embedded is that BW data models can be reused and can be extended in LOB. So the BW reporting authorization is used in any case; one can extent this authorization on the BPC environment level. This is how IT can control the authorization: it creates a 'space' where the LOB can control authorizations via data access profiles. Cf. the BPC Security Guide, section 6.6 for more details:

https://websmp209.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001239962013E

Regards,

Gregor

michele_medaglia5
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I can't see in the Data Access Profile for the dimension company code the master data

thanks

Michele

0 Kudos

Hello Michele

I'm facing the same issue after following step by step the official guides. Did you find the problem? Is it maybe related to the Web Admin interface?

I have created an Analysis Authorization, including the desired authorization-relevant characteristics, and I have associated it to my environment. But no dimensions appear on the Data Access Profile.

The fact that even when I click on "Planning" model, the label on the right says "Access to Model: Cash" makes me think that maybe there is an issue with the interface (despite in other web explorers occurs the same).

The problem could be also with transaction RSECENVI. When assigning the Authorization to the BPC environment, there is no browser. You have to enter manually the ID of the environment. You can even enter whatever non-existent and successfuly assign an authorization. Is the required environment ID the same than in Web Admin (with no technical prefixes)?

I would appreciate any idea.

Thank you

Sergio

michele_medaglia5
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sergio

I am sorry but I stopped to work on the embedded model, at the moment I am again working on the classic model

Let me know please if you find the solution

Michele

0 Kudos

Ok thanks. I let you know.

Regards

Sergio

0 Kudos

I found out that I cannot use /ERP/ characteristics for security in BPC.

I was trying to secure /ERP/CATEGORY, /ERP/PROFTCTR and ZBPC_DSRC. The last one is a custom characteristic created by me, and it is the only one I can see in the Data Access Profile. The other two are standard characteristics with HANA views (their members are read directly from the ERP). They work fine in BW and EPM but their members do not appear in the Data Access Profiles. I have tried these three characteristics one by one separately.

However, if I replicate the characteristic /ERP/CATEGORY to a custom ZBPC_CAT with the same HANA view, I'm able to see members in Data Access Profiles. Does somebody know if I'm missing some configuration for these characteristics? (in addition to make it authorization relevant)

Thank you

Sergio

Message was edited by: Sergio VM

0 Kudos

Hi Sergio,

your findings indicate that the problem might be the namspace /ERP/ (or any other namespace /XYZ/). With FIDDLER you can check the client/server communication e.g. whether /ERP/CATEGORY, etc. are transported to the client (in the DAP dimension list). If yes, then the effect seems to be a client bug. I would be very surprised that server coding has special code to filter out dimensions based on namespaces.

You should open a ticket for this.

Regards,

Gregor

0 Kudos

Hello Gregor

Thanks for your answer. By now I will use the workaround, and afterwards I will investigate the issue with Fiddler, as you say. I keep you posted if I find something out.

Regards

Sergio

Answers (0)