Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass Company Code Extension for GL Accounts MDG-F

riaan_oosthuizen2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have a requirement to frequently extend all our Operational Chart of Accounts every time a new Company Code is created.

Currently we are using the file upload functionality but that results in about 10 change requests of 1000 accounts each, every time.

This process is very time consuming and because of the size takes very long to complete one single request.

Do you have any other suggestions how this could be done differently.

Your help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks and best regards

Riaan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

raghu3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Riaan,

If the version of the MDG is 7.0 , then MDG Data import framework could be used.You could check this document

Regards,

Raghu

riaan_oosthuizen2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raghuram,

Thanks for your response. I have already explored that option but the problem is for Operational accounts the Group account needs to be downloaded in the standard download program and the field is not covered in the exstraction. I have already taken this up with SAP and was informed it will only be available in a later release.

Thus it is possible to download Group accounts on it own but not possible to download the specific Group account field in the operational chart of account.

Best regards

Riaan.

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Riaan

Can you explain your case again? Let me see if I can answer your question...

Kiran

riaan_oosthuizen2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

On a monthly basis we get requests to create new Company Codes - 3 to 5 a month.

Now every time a new company code is created , all existing Operational Chart of accounts must be extended to the new company code.

The only capability we currently have is the file upload functionality. Thus due to the size(10000 accounts) we need to split this into 10 different change requests of 1000 accounts each.

It takes very long, just to open one of these change requests.3 to 5 minutes each.

Now imagine the time it takes if we get 5 new company codes that means, 50 change requests of 1000 accounts each.

One change request goes through 5 levels of approval. Thus for 50 change requests we need 250 approvals.

We cant use MDMGX because Group account is not a field in the standard download program.I tried to just upload the company code file but it does not accept it without the Account file.

Thanks and best regards

Riaan

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Agree. With MDMGX, you will face the same issue. The only thing you can do is create a Z program and load all the data directly. Or before go-live of the new company, load the data in MDG.

Apart from that there is no other option. We have used the Z upload program which takes 1-3 min to load the data and its working perfectly fine...

Kiran