Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License Determination for Sales Return process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP GTS Experts,

We have a situation, where we need to create Return sales from Customer &
in the same Return order, we will send the repalcement product to Customer.

In this case, good movement type 653 (return sales) & 601 (Delivery to customer)
will be used.

Can any one help to map this process under Compliance for License determination.

Logically, for Return item, Import License should be picked & for replacement item
Export License under Legal Control.

Need your suggestons to map this process for License determination.

Similarly, we need to think about Subcontracting process in MM, & relevant license
determinaton.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Mayank

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mayank,

Are you sure about those requirements?  You don't mention which country you are in, but surely rejection by the customer doesn't require additional licences for the return journey, or any additional export licenses for the replacement?  Did you check with the Authorities?

Regards,
Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your Reply Dave.

Requirement is for Country Sweden. Currently Whenever return sales order is created in ECC, system looks for Export License in GTS. As per Goods movements (653) Logic, Import License should be determined here.

Let me explain you the process in Details-- For Repair/Services Process,  these return sales orders are created. Here again there are 2 possible scenarioes:-

1. We can return the faulty Item (Movement Type 653) & provide Repalcement product (MT 601) to customer .

2. Return Sales order will be created (MT 653) & Faulty Item will be sent back to Vendor for repair (Using Return PO process, Movement Type 161).

Business wants us to provide Solution for Determining Valid Licenses (export/import) depending upon the situation.

Here We have Bigger challange when the Return Sales order has Both type of Items (Mention in Scenario#1).

Are you sure , there is NO Need of Licenses for replacement/rejection Process??

Please Let me know Your Inputs.

BR,

Mayank

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mayank,

Ok, thanks for explaining the business scenarios.  My thoughts above were based on a one-time supply where the goods were found to be faulty.  But you are describing a service business, so I'm sure you DO need licenses for both routes.

What problems do you forsee with GTS Legal Control in the scenarios?  To me, they seem quite standard.  Have you tried, and found problems?

Regards,
Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dave,

Main problem I am facing for Special Return Case  (Configured as Normal Sales Doc ; Sales Document Categocy- C).

Here, Item 10 is Import line item while Item 20 is export line item. Since this Special Return Doc is mapped for SD0A , It looks for Export License in GTS system.

Logically, for First Line Item- Import License should be determined (Product is returned by Customer).

For Second Line Item- Export License should be determined (Business gives replacement Item to customer).

Can you provide your valuable inputs for this scenario!!

Regards

Mayank

former_member215337
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

With the above reference it is clearly understood that, the scenario what srivastava is explaining above is pertaining to the both Application areas i..e (SD0A & MM0A). As per my knowledge we are undergoing with both application areas or both the scenarios is trying to inculcate in one sales order or in application area which is strange for me.

Generally when you create a outbound process then the GTS system will determine the Export license as your document type is assigned to the SD0A Application and for Inbound process system will determine the Import license under MM0A. So here my doubt is how to configure the process for both import and export licenses for both scenarios in one single Legal Regulation.

Please give some focus on this.

Thanks Dave!

Srikanth