SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment update in FM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am on ECC 6.0, EHP4 (Nel GL activated) and implmenting the BCS part of FM. I am right now in testing phase and found that payments are not getting updated in table FMIFIIT. There is a field called "Payment document no", but in that field, invoice document no is getting updated.

I searched on sdn and found miltiple threads advising for online payment update. In few of threads  pdf file "online payment update.pdf" is referred, but I cannot get that file when I tried to navigate through the link given in the thread.

Can anyone please guide me on steps about the payment update in FM?

Regards

Shailesh

5 REPLIES 5

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please, consult OSS note 1695556 - Main features of Customizing for onilne payment update.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok. thanks, will check...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have gone through the note related to online payment updates note 1695556, 1564893, 400924, 882379.

We are already implemented new gl in 2009 with document splitting activated. In this scenario as it is suggested, we will have to realign out current document splitting configuration as well, which is a tough task. Also, there are many restrictions which will follow once I activate the online payment update for FM

My question is, if I do not update the payments in funds mangement, what will I loose? Is it utmost necessary for me to update the payment documents in FM?

Please advise

Shailesh

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It depends on your requirements: if you have to show budget consumption up to execution of the payment or not. If you assume that payment is equal to invoice amount, then payment update is not really mandatory. Unless, you use functionalities like RIB, where the appearance of '57' type would be essential as otherwise document would not appear as 'paid' for budgetary purposes, but this again depends in your RIB rules set in FMIA.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Eli, as always helpful answer...

We do not use the RIB functionalities...

Regards

Shailesh