cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new data set window/dialog question

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

this window has a button labeled "add file". if it's enabled, and i click on it, i can select another file, but after selecting the 2nd file, i get an error message about the files not being compatible or something like that. i'm just walking through the software, trying to get a feel for what i can and can't do. i'm not sure what this button is suppose to be able to allow one to do. any help would be greatly appreciated.

thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

it sounds like you are trying to Merge datasets.  You might find some useful info in the reply to this earlier thread

Regards,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi henry,

i didn't quite get the name of the dialog box right - i should have typed "add new dataset" as the dialog box name. i am referring to the add files button at the end of the file(s) field.

i guess i don't understand what the purpose of the button is for. i get that it allows you to select another file, but what is the purpose of selecting another file

i was not trying to merge a dataset. plus, i thought the data - combine - merge option handled that.

tracy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you please add some screenshots and detail on the files you are trying to add?

Thanks

Antoine