cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resource related billing with one WBS and multiple customers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a scenario where my client collects all the costs against a single WBS element and needs to perform Resource Related Billing to multiple clients starting from the costs incurred against that single WBS (the total amount, no need to split by cost element). It looks like SAP is not allowing this as, when the RRB is performed on the first sales contract, the second contract finds no costs to bill.

In the system we have done the following steps:

1) Created a WBS element and posted a PO for 100 EUR.

2) Invoiced the PO.

3) Created 2 sales contracts for two different customers and assigned two different DIP profiles to bill respectively 20% and 30% of the costs (we want to bill customer 1 for 20 EUR and customer 2 for 30 EUR) and assigned both to the same WBS element created in step 1.

4) When we execute DP91 for the first sales contract, the system works correctly and it allows billing 20 (out of the 100 incurred).

5) When we execute DP91 for the second customer, the system finds nothing to bill (we would ideally want to find 30).

The only workaround found so far is to create two internal orders to which we allocate the costs from the WBS and subsequently create the two sales contracts against those but we do not really like this solution as it is much more work intensive in terms of master data creation, allocation cycles etc. Besides, the revenues would be billed to the internal order rather than to the WBS, hence making reporting more cumbersome.

An idea we had is to create one dynamic item for each combination of WBS Element and Sales Contract.

I tried implementing EXIT_SAPLAD12_003 and extended the CI_ATTRI2 structure with VBELN field. I then activated the field as a characteristic in ODP1. The idea was to populate it in the exit during DP91 execution but unfortunately the input parameter for the contract number is not available in the exit (only COSP, COVP).

Do you have any suggestions on BAdIs or anything else we could use (e.g. Service orders rather than sales contracts) to meet the requirement of billing two (or more) customers with RRB from the same WBS element?

Thanks.

Ciao!

Max

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

any suggestions? We would really like to avoid going with the allocation to internal orders before doing the billing.

Is there any other functionality we can use to automatically bill two customers based on the costs of the same WBS element?

Thanks.

Ciao!

Max

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we solved the issue in two different ways. Initially we created a custom source in EXIT_SAPLAD15_005 and populated the sales contract attribute in each COVP line. This way the RRB executed the splitting properly even if additional logic was needed as the selection of the items previously billed did not consider all the attributes mentioned (i.e. was retrieving all the lines regardless of the contract number - ok this is a bit complex to explain here but there was a workaround).

When we were almost happy about the solution, we realised that AOBP offers all this for free. With the split AA the residual amount on the project is no longer cancelled and the split can be done by contract (conditions ITD* have to be added to the pricing sequence to ensure the same amounts are not billed twice for the same contract).

Hope it helps should anyone be facing the same issue.

Ciao!

Max

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sebastian04
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Max,

what do you ment with AOBP?

Regards,

Sebastian