cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No free space in file?? - SQL Server 2008

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

In my DEV environment if I go to the transaciton DB02 I saw three database files in red. How can I resolve this?

Those database files have the autogrow feature setup already in the SQL Server 2008 database as displayed in the screenshots below. Also, the server have enough space.

Please let me know how can I fix this to have these three files in green.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

I'm new with SQL Server databases, could you explain me please how the initial size works?

I suggest you to kindly follow SAP doc at Changing the Size of the Database Files - SAP/ MS SQL Server DBA in CCMS - SAP Library

& SAP Note  363018 - File management for SQL Server

I would like to assign 20GB more to increase the space in those database files

You could increase the initial size by following as like 

In Database Properties, select the Files page.

To increase the size of an existing file, increase the value in the Initial Size (MB) column for the file. You must increase the size of the database by at least 1 megabyte.

To increase the size of the database by adding a new file, click Add and then enter the values for the new file.

Hope this will help you.

Good luck !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Problem solved with your recommendations.

Thank you so much!

Points granted!!

Regards,

Carlos

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Oh Great !! Nice to know issue has been resolved & was really nice to work with you.

Thanks,

Gaurav

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you check with SCN thread

and follow steps as recommended by SivaKumar Kilari

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav.

Thanks for your answer!

I'm new with SQL Server databases, could you explain me please how the initial size works? For example, could I assign to it like 20480MB if I would like to assign 20GB more to increase the space in those database files and that is going to resolve the issue? I read in others forums that I should have all the databases with the same size so I should assign 20gb more to all the database files that I have in this system?

Regards,

Carlos