cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BO Universe formula ref to different tables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am trying to replace all calculation done at Webi report bring it in to the universe to make it generic and available for any new reports.  There are several calculations referencing different tables, for instance two different tables.  Table A, Table B

Table A contains forecast1, Table B contains forecast 2 & forecast 2%.  There is a calculation Forecast 1 * forecast 2% created at the web query using variables, I would like to create that formula in the universe.  I am getting error as incombatile. It does not error out in the webi report calculated at the webi report variables.  Why there is a difference?  Please advise if there is anything I am missing.

Thanks,

Di

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

arijit_das
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Isn't there any join between those tables ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arijit,

No, there is no join between two transactional tables but commonly join to the Material plant master table.  In the report side, each measures located on indivial query and calculated/multiplied both measures in the report using variable. Both queries contains material plant master and it is a merged dimension. Even without dimension, those measures can be calculated in the webi report but error out if that calculated chosen from the universe. Is there anyway I can throw in that calculation in the back end instead to get the same result?  I appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Di

Former Member
0 Kudos

Few thoughts,

1. If you can avoid traps (Alias, multiple sql statements for each measure), you can keep those three tables in same context

2. Worst case, create derived table