cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC AC 10 SP16 - Generic Connectors in BRF+ Application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I have a question about using generic connectors in BRF+ application instead of specific system and client connectors. Our BRF+ is configured so that specific connectors are included in the decision tables. This makes migration quite cumbersome since the connectors need to be reverted to development or QA to test any changes then changed back in order to migrate. One thought we had was to create a generic RFC like “HCM” or “ECC” in dev, QA and production to replace the specific RFC references. The generic RFCs would then be pointed to RFC users in their respective system/ clients. For example, generic HCM in SM59 would point to the RFC user DH1 in development, QH1 in QA and PH1 in production. This way the decision table wouldn’t have to be updated in every environment for testing then reverted because it would be looking at the same RFCs name but the users assigned to that RFC would be system specific.

Does anyone know if this is even possible? or have any other recommendations to minimize the complexity of a BRF+ application that includes specific connector references?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kevin_tucholke1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Stacey:

When I do an implementation, I create the AC connectors in DEV as they need to look like in PROD.  this means that I have RFC connections that state PRDCLNT100 for example, but I have the RFC connection pointed to a NonProd system.  With this I can transport throughout my entire landscape without having to change any information in relationship to connectors in my follow-on systems (i.e. QAS, PRD).

This would solve your issue and would reduce the manual maintenance both in the BRF+ rule and directly in PROD.

Hope this helps.

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Kevin! Good to know the approach will work whether is generic names or production and pointing to non prod RFC users.

Answers (0)