cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Perfomance on WPF client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are currently implementing SAP Work Manager 6.2 on SMP 3.0 SP03 and using Windows WPF client. The Work Order fetch will sync 1000 or more  WO records on device.

The version of Agentry WPF client is 70.5.1.10. We facing some perfomance issue with such large dataset on device with WPF client. Is there any way we can improve the perfomance of WPF client .Also I  need some help in best practise to size our SMP server for such large dataset , so that we donot face any perfomance issue in production.

Regards

Nidhideep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

stephen_kringas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

For SMP Sizing refer to Work Manager Sizing Guidelines on the Service Market Place.

Path to the document is -

SAP Service Marketplace

-> Products

->Installation & Upgrade Guides

-> SAP Mobile

-> SAP Work Manager

-> SAP Work Manager 6.2

-> SAP Work Manager 6.2 Sizing Guide

Cheers,

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

My first question would by?

Why, as in why 1000+ orders?

- Is it even possible for the user to even close that many orders in the next few days?

Can you group orders, ie. instead have like 5 orders to change 5 different light blubs in a hallway, can you make it to be only be 1?

even if you reduce the orders, by a few you might have issues with list tile views, I would say change them to just List Views, and\or removing as many rules as each value look up would have to slow the application.

You can also look at Performance Testing & Tuning section of

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Client is a an offshore drilling company , Work Orders are created for an equipment using template in SAP in 6 months in advance and remains in queue(They want all equipment , parts are available , they cannot steer ship back for parts).  WO is fetched on plannning plant and one planning plant has 1000 WO , any personnel in a Workcenter can start and finish the workorder. On ship the satellite connectivity will be limited so , all WO will be synced before ship leaves shore and only emergency orders will be created and delta will be synced occasionally.

Coming back to my issue , WPF client is really performing very slow when 1000 WO are loaded , we will not face any intial sync issues , as devices will be synced by IT within company LAN connection but perfomance of WPF client is really a concern.

Regards

Nidhideep Bhandari

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have similar requirements at a client, only with notifications instead of work orders. I recently tested a 7.0.6x WPF Agentry client, and at first glance there appears to be a noticeable improvement in performance from the 7.0.4x client I was using (still verifying this).

I can't say if you'd see the same for work orders, but might be worth a try.

Michael