Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel upload data to planning book not working

exaltedsaturn
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

i have checked the online resources first before posting this thread here as this is most old topic relating to upload of excel data to planning book key figures.

Here is what i have done so far

1) from the planning book, i chose a view and downloaded the file to desktop and saved it as CSV. i populated the key figure values and saved the csv file as-is back to desktop

2) i had to remove the hdeader from the file as APO threw back an error that it could not interpret the period (header) as the number

3) when i took out the header i simply pasted the values and the file was ok

4) i went to planning book, loaded the file, checked the file and it said that the data was read and i clicked on upload the file

5) everything was green, then but i do not see the values in the grid of the planning book

what else i'm missing.

can someone please help me

thanks

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) When download, you need to select "prepare file for upload at later time".
2) You should not change header information in the downloaded file. It is important for system to read during upload.
3) If you encounter any error, try to solve it by changing upload setting or just post the error here to get any suggestion, instead of making changes to the header.

Best Regards,
Ada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ada,

One other thing to remember is that your download aggregation level must be exactly the same as your upload agg level.  In general, I advise my users not to close the planning book during this process.  Download, use excel skills to populate the Excel spreadsheet, and then upload; all the while never closing the book or otherwise altering the view.

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes DB49, you're absolutely right

exaltedsaturn
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello DB and Ada. Thank you for your valuable suggestions. I know i might be missing something silly here. If i keep the header that i downloaded from the planning book into csv file, i get an error while uploading the file back to planning book that unable to interpret 11/2014 as a number.

P11/2014 is the header, Period 11/2014 is the fiscal period. we plan in fiscal periods.

if i take out the header from the csv file and just populate the key figure values, then i do not get any error when i load the file back to planning book, but then the values do not show up in the planning book grid.

i'm keeping the planning book in the change mode while uploading the file as i got that error saying that i need to keep the planning book in change mode for the file to load data properly to planning book.

Thanks

Ravi

exaltedsaturn
Participant
0 Kudos

after few trial and errors, i was successful to load the data from the csv file to planning book, although i still had to take out some header information like, name of the planning data view and planning book name etc which populated to the left hand top corner of the csv file. But now data load is successful.

Thanks so much for all the inputs

Thank you

Ravi

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

If the issue was resolved or at least one of responses were helpful, please mark the corresponing answer as "helpful” or “correct”. It is convinient to mark the discussion as “answered,” so that other members can find the answers more easily.

Feel free to follow the guideline

Kind Regards,

Mariano

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I was going to suggest to read this thread (following what said about the format and his recommendations) when I realized that he was explainning this to you (LOL):

Please note that you should not change the header..

Anyway, you can directly paste the result of your excel into the planning book using copy and paste.

Kind Regards,

Mariano